DJM-900 - Effect CF A/B assign, what do you use this for?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Default DJM-900 - Effect CF A/B assign, what do you use this for?

I was messing about on the DJM-900, and I see you can assign the effects unit to 1-4, and the Master, which I fully understand, but you can also assign it to the CF A/B...

Is there a specific use case for this?

If you were using the CF, you could just assign the effect to source you wanted. The only thing I'm thinking is you could assign it to say "B", and then have multiple channels assigned to "B" playing simultaneously.

Is there some other trick I'm not thinking of?

Tech Wizard

You'd use this feature if, for example, you want effects on channels 1,2, and 3 but not 4. So maybe you're rocking some loops on these channels and you want to build to a crescendo with some reverb across 3 channels to build into the drop of your full track on channel 4. As you said, assign 1,2 &3 to A and 4 to B. Job done!

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Ok, that's what I thought. Hmm, too bad there's no way to assign it to "wet/dry". You can't really do that easily.

Tech Guru

You can duplicate tracks across two channels if you're using CDJs (digital+analogue RCAs) and then use the crossfader to fade between your duplicates, i.e. wet/dry.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Blech. Too bad they didn't put a full matrix on the mixer.

you're overthinking it

I use 2 decks, almost 3 three or 4

But I have deck A on channel 1 and deck B on Channel 4...

It's easier to click back and forth between CFA and CFB then click between ch1 and ch 4
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

Post-fade echo.

If you use the crossfader, then having the FX assigned to a channel means that cutting off the sound with the crossfader also cuts off the echo tail.

Assigning it to Crossfader A or B means you can cut with the channel fader OR the crossfader and still hear the tail.

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Mojaxx View Post
    Post-fade echo.

If you use the crossfader, then having the FX assigned to a channel means that cutting off the sound with the crossfader also cuts off the echo tail.

Assigning it to Crossfader A or B means you can cut with the channel fader OR the crossfader and still hear the tail.
    Ah, see now that makes sense to me. Someone was thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Mojaxx View Post
    Post-fade echo.

Ah right. Always used CF option so just presumed fx were post fader on the x fader regardless
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast