Traktor X1 MK2 vs XONE K2 - Wich one would you prefer?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor X1 MK2 vs XONE K2 - Wich one would you prefer?

Hey guys,
    I currently own a Faderfox LV2 but i want to upgrade to a big size midicontroller and after some searching and looking i finally decided to choose between the XONE K2 and Traktor's X1 MK2.
    I play deep/techhouse and use two turntables and a XONE 92. Needles to say but 4 tracks, sync etx is nothing for me.
    Now, i would like to know your opinion about choosing these one of the two controllers. What's better and whats worse?

Thank you!

I really like my X1 mk2. The phase meter feature is worth the price of admission. I use turntables too, and like to match of my tracks without headphones, so they're a dream.

Tech Wizard

If you don't want to map anything and want out of the box glory - X1

If you have any knowledge or interest in mapping and plan to spend time tweaking it to your needs, I'd say the K2 has much more potential.

Tech Wizard

I asked the same question some weeks ago on here and finally bought the Xone K2. It was a good decision, since it has so many mapping possibilites with the layer system. I have set up the layers for different situations (like a traditional X1 mapping for 4 decks or a complete internal mixer and another mapping which imitates the F1), so I could actually just take my laptop to a club and use the in-house-mixer, but also only take the X1 and throw a little garden party for my friends (but then with sync and nothing fancy).
    The X1 Mk2 however perfectly fits into a DVS setup and it's really easy to use.
    After all, I'd say if you want a simple and solid unit, go for the X1. If you want to have a truckload of mapping possibilities and a device that can be used for anything in the controller-world, take the K2 (though it can be overwhelming for inexperienced users).

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    I really like my X1 mk2. The phase meter feature is worth the price of admission. I use turntables too, and like to match of my tracks without headphones, so they're a dream.
    What "phase meter" feature are you referring to?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

^ That would probably be a touch strip with a LED feedback where phase position is displayed. Or maybe I'm knocking wrong window?

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    ^ That would probably be a touch strip with a LED feedback where phase position is displayed.
    Yep! 100%

I'm also going to call it a phase meter.

I have the new X1, and I never noticed that it did this. I use DVS with it, but I'll have to check that feature out. Very cool.

Tech Convert

This is a bit off-topic but I am hoping that someone could take a look at this other post. I am having issues with the X1 Mk2 and remapping some functionality.

Here is the thread

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by derschnitter View Post
    I asked the same question some weeks ago on here and finally bought the Xone K2. It was a good decision, since it has so many mapping possibilites with the layer system. I have set up the layers for different situations (like a traditional X1 mapping for 4 decks or a complete internal mixer and another mapping which imitates the F1), so I could actually just take my laptop to a club and use the in-house-mixer, but also only take the X1 and throw a little garden party for my friends (but then with sync and nothing fancy).
    The X1 Mk2 however perfectly fits into a DVS setup and it's really easy to use.
    After all, I'd say if you want a simple and solid unit, go for the X1. If you want to have a truckload of mapping possibilities and a device that can be used for anything in the controller-world, take the K2 (though it can be overwhelming for inexperienced users).
    Thanks guys for great answers. After a lot of thinkin im gonna go with the X1 mk2. I'm not gonna be needing all the mapping and layers that K2 offers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast