I got this mixer for free from a friend, what do I do with it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default I got this mixer for free from a friend, what do I do with it?

It's a Behringer Euroback UB1202 mixer, I believe this is used for Guitar players and in bands?
    Does anyone know how exactly the setup would work?
    As in, what exactly is needed to control the channels and what other gear is needed to connect this thing for it's intended purpose?

I have a friend who wants me to join his band but I doubt they'd know how to use this, and I'm practically clueless when it comes to Guitar related equipment.

Ignore the RCA cables, they're not connected to anything. Just for show.

Full view:

That mixer is not guitar centric, but Live PA/Pro audio centric.

Pretty handy if you need to interface with an audio system that requires balanced inputs/outputs.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Paka Ono View Post
    That mixer is not guitar centric, but Live PA/Pro audio centric.

Pretty handy if you need to interface with an audio system that requires balanced inputs/outputs.
    So what exactly would it control? What do you mean by audio system? As in passive speakers?

its the same as the vestax mixer you have the only difference is its not made for djing yet djing is possible with it. it could be a master mixer or something idk. output from your vestax could go to 1 input channel and someones drum machine like an akai mpc for example could go to your 2nd channel and so fort this way you could dj and someone could jam out with you
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

No, I mean full on PA (public address) / pro audio system. A system with one or more of the following: DSP, EQ, compressor/limiters, amplifiers.

Signal chain would be something like this. DJ Mixer (unbalanced) -> Behringer mixer (balanced) -> DSP -> EQ -> Compressor/limiter -> amplifiers -> speakers.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Paka Ono View Post
    No, I mean full on PA (public address) / pro audio system. A system with one or more of the following: DSP, EQ, compressor/limiters, amplifiers.

Signal chain would be something like this. DJ Mixer (unbalanced) -> Behringer mixer (balanced) -> DSP -> EQ -> Compressor/limiter -> amplifiers -> speakers.
    The DSP & EQ part got me a tad bit confused, are those separate equipment? Could you show me a picture of what they'd look like? As for everything else, thanks! I understand now.

Btw when you said compressor/limiter, I'm guessing you're referring to something like this? http://qualityelectronics.net/media/.../c/dc22sfp.jpg

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by tothecloudd View Post
    its the same as the vestax mixer you have the only difference is its not made for djing yet djing is possible with it. it could be a master mixer or something idk. output from your vestax could go to 1 input channel and someones drum machine like an akai mpc for example could go to your 2nd channel and so fort this way you could dj and someone could jam out with you
    Wouldn't that require like a Traktor Audio 10 Interface though?

according to your equipments in the pic,

DJ Mixer out to the Line 5/6
    Laptop speaker out to the Tape in-out
    Z4 speaker to the Control Room or Main Out
    Press "Tape to Control Room" and/or "Tape to Mix" button.

Do not press "Phantom" unless you are connecting a Condenser Microphone.

You won't need input 1/2/3/4 those are for microphones,
    you can connect other things on 5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12 (4 stereo equipments)

sorry if i misunderstood your question.
    Last edited by djoh; 08-21-2013 at 12:08 AM.

Basically, it's something you can plug a lot of different things into, and then route the output to your speakers (eventually) after going through stuff. (Simple terms).

A buddy of mine uses one in his home studio before he goes to his speakers so that he can plug in his DJing mixer, any controllers, and then mics and stuff directly into that. It just keeps things simple if you are constantly plugging in and unplugging things.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Danek View Post
    Wouldn't that require like a Traktor Audio 10 Interface though?
    Like i said "its not made for djing yet djing is possible with it". any mixer that does not have a traktor certified soundcard will need the traktor interface in order for it to work with traktor. same goes for your vestax dj mixer unless it has a traktor soundcard built in then it wont work with traktor.
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast