Hi all,
I'm new to the DJ World. I've been messing around with Virtual DJ Home Edition as it's free and got the chance to pick up Traktor Kontrol S4 yesterday.

However, as most of you know, they're all on clearance right now. I had to drive out some ways to get it from GC and ended up telling me it was actually an open box. I drove all the way out there and figured I'd just pick it up anyways. I got it for $549 but have the option to exchange. Not sure what's defined as an "open box" but I got home and upon closer look it was used with some scratches and the software was registered. Not sure if I'm over reacting, but it just left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. Of course, it's my fault since I decided to buy it anyways.

That being said, I really just wanted to purchase something new as I figured I could probably get an S4 with flight case used cheaper via craigslist or something. So I'm back to square one, unless anyone recommends keeping the S4.

I'm open to spending ~$1000 and since I'm new, I have no preference for software as I'll have to learn anyways. Just looking for something thats stable and will hopefully be around for sometime. The ones I've been looking at are, Denon MC6000, DDJ-SX, or to keep my S4.

***again, I have no problems with the S4 and barely got the time to experiment with it. It just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth with my experience @ GC. With factory restocks selling for $529 online, I don't understand why I was charged a bit more than that.