What is needed to set up Traktor with a Xone 42 mixer?
    Tech Student

Default What is needed to set up Traktor with a Xone 42 mixer?

I have a Xone 42 and I would like to set it up with Traktor. I was wondering what sound card/audio interface would be needed to be able to route all four Traktor decks to the four mixer channels.

Also, just out of curiosity, does Allen & Heath make a mixer with a built in sound card like the DJM-900?

Thanks.

You would need a soundcard with 4 sets of outputs, such as the audio 8, which is discontinued.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

A&H does not make a mixer that is TSP certified so you will need an external soundcard, Jester is right about the Audio 8 but didn't really give you a solution.. I'd grab the Audio 10 if you have the funds. CD/vinyl into the in on the Audio 10, then run the outs into the channels on your mixer. Time codes will be necessary for your tables as well.

Or, if you're planning on using MIDI, then a Zomo MC-1000 or even an ESI Gigaport will give you 4 deck output; just no inputs for timecode.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Student

I dont really want to use timecode or vinyl. I want my setup to be the Xone 42 that I have and two use two X1's that I have for deck control. I just don't know what i need to setup up Traktor for external mixing. I would assume that an A10 would work for this setup but wouldn't it be an overkill? I don't need the ability to use timecode, i just need to output the traktor decks to the mixer.

Get an audio 6. That would give you 3 external channels and leave one channel free on the mixer (pretty much how i do things, and if you use remix decks you can combine the outputs)
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "