How do I map.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

nah not exactly, not to jump to a preset cue in the song, but just to stick to the grid, so when i hit the cue button when the track is playing while the "needle" going through the deck is in between the grid it automatically jumps to the closest one instead of just stopping inbetween the lines.
    Finest Electronic Dance Music

www.januaryone.dj

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I think that 'Snap' should do the trick - it's the little "S" button under the master volume knob.

Tech Mentor

mate, you are a saviour. you should be getting money for this. thank you, such a tiny thing but a huge help again. if you ever come to cape town i owe you.

gonna play set tonight with limited fx and then do the swop to traktor 2 tonight. thanks again!

www.januaryone.dj

You are welcome dude! I'm glad you'd be able to make it happen tonight

Best,

Tech Mentor

hey again stewe.

i did swop to tp2, imported the mappings from tt and no problem with the .tsi file here, so all perfect. thank you again!

right now i am amending the mapping and i have a few tiny things that i struggle with:

--> i am trying to map a button to activate a loop when pressed once and deactivate when pressed again.

--> trying to map "Loop move" one button to move forward 16 bars and another one to move backwards 16 bars (i dont find loop move in the "deck common > loop" settings though... and "deck common > move" also doesnt seem to do the trick...

can you help once again?

www.januaryone.dj

Tech Mentor

okay i got the loop in and out sorted by mapping an "add out".

now i am left with the loop move issue and another one:
    --> i want to map pitch bend forward to one button and pitch bend backwards to another button, i cant seem to find that though. there is "tempo bend" and "tempo adjust" but that does an entirely different weird thing... any pointers?

www.januaryone.dj

Hey mate,

Regards to loop set and it's output feedback you might want to add 'Is In Active Loop' command instead of 'Loop set' or 'Active' to prevent button LED to keep being on when you use a beatjump or a hotcue to jump around the track.

As for loop move set as following:

Add In > Move / button / direct / value = back or forward (depend of direction button)
    Add In > Mode Selector / button / direct / value = loop (to both buttons)

That should work

And, as for pitchbend you should definitely go with 'Tempo Bend' command. Works for me every time!

Tech Mentor

thanks again, all sorted with pitchbend as well.

only thing that still wont work is the loop move.... are you sure those are the right commands? i have done exactly as you say it doesnt do anything at all. i think i also need to set a value on how many beats i want it to move no? any idea?

and last thing. i am working on the mapping for deck a now. is there any way i can copy that mapping for deck b as i only want it to be mirrored, so being exactly the same just for deck b...?

www.januaryone.dj

Tech Mentor

okay, i just realised the loop is actually moving, but just a tiny fraction every time i hit the button, like a fourth of the distance between two grid lines. i would like this to move an entire 16 bars up, do you know how to set that?

www.januaryone.dj

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast