Help conserning live-setup - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Frederick, what about pluggin in another display?

Most of laptops have a connection for pluggin in an external display, so you could place your DJ software on your laptop screen and ableton on your TFT display.

Quote Originally Posted by Negotiator View Post
    Frederick, what about pluggin in another display?

Most of laptops have a connection for pluggin in an external display, so you could place your DJ software on your laptop screen and ableton on your TFT display.
    First, the programme on the left screen is actually loading screen for Virtual DJ Pro 5, I do alot of costumizing in GUIs. The program is customized to look exactly like i want it to do. However it could have been running Reloop Attack or Traktor, it pretty much depend on my mood, however Virtual DJ (remarkably enough) is my preffered one - my experince it's the most reliable dj-software when it comes to analyzing BPM correctly, and the easiest one to correct it within (You might rightfully disagree, but this is my personal prefference).

Mate, I know that I easilly can plug in an external screen to my laptop, and run split-screen mode (I guess it's called), but I'll end up running out of USB-port eventually. I think I'll be purchasing the other laptop today or tomorrow, then I'll upload some pics for you tp see

Cheers and thanks to everybody for helping me out.
    Frederik

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Okay, that makes sense then

I'd think this would be easily done. You'd just route the outs from Comp1 with your DJ software as individual channels into the ins on your soundcard for Comp2 with Ableton. I would think you'd need to route out the channels individually so you can effect them individually, and then also effect the master bus.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Okay, that makes sense then

I'd think this would be easily done. You'd just route the outs from Comp1 with your DJ software as individual channels into the ins on your soundcard for Comp2 with Ableton. I would think you'd need to route out the channels individually so you can effect them individually, and then also effect the master bus.
    But then you would lose the ability to use the crossfader on the reloop to crossfade - the solution to use the crossfader would be to port that midi message out of one laptop and into another using rather midi over lan or 2 soundcards that both have midi ports(which i don't think the reloop has). This would get quite messy and add more setup time for sure, the benefits are obvious though - applying effects to individual channels instead of just the master channel is a much better approach.

This setup would be much easier to "Plug and Play" just using a single pc, and a second monitor if you ask me - if more USB ports are needed there are good USB hubs out there that are reliable: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2738

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

But if you decide not to use the crossfader, and instead use the volume faders (which seems to be the only option) you'd still get a pretty standard cross fader feel.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    But if you decide not to use the crossfader, and instead use the volume faders (which seems to be the only option) you'd still get a pretty standard cross fader feel.
    But jamming the crossfader back and forth is so much damn fun

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12