Pioneer XDJ-R1 + Serato?

Default Pioneer XDJ-R1 + Serato?

I've been trying to find information online, and searching around, but I haven't come up with any reliable answers yet.

Is this device compatible with Serato Scratch Live when using an SL box? Either HID mode, or using time-code CDs?

I keep thinking about it, and I use SSL currently, but eventually want to make a switch to CDJ's (via USB) and rekordbox, and I also have some friends who are in a similar boat. This CDJ/Mixer combo controller really looks quite appealing, but it's a matter of being able to use it with SSL, and then moving on and practicing with Rekordbox and/or just CD's.

I still think it's the best purchase available right now for people who don't have gear, but I'm just wondering about the compatibility with SSL, which I prefer as a DVS as I primarily spin on turntables.

It doesn't look like there are outs on the mixer, so I'm guessing that the answer to my questions is no, you can't use this with timecode CD's because of routing issues. But if it is compatible in HID mode, you'd be able to plug the SL box into the inputs on the mixer, and run the USB from the XDJ-R1 and Serato box to the computer, and mix like that. It really has me thinking.

But just wondering if people who own it have fiddled about with it at all, and if so, what have you found?
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

I'm 99% sure it can't be done. You ssl box needs RCA connection from each CD player then RCA from SSL box to mixer. The XDJ-R1 does not have the cd outputs that are needed.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Quote Originally Posted by dj gullum View Post
    I'm 99% sure it can't be done. You ssl box needs RCA connection from each CD player then RCA from SSL box to mixer. The XDJ-R1 does not have the cd outputs that are needed.
    Yeah but that would be using standard time-code CD's routing that way. With HID mode (with any of the newer Pioneer CDJ's) you plug the CDJ's into the computer via USB, and you also plug the Serato Box into the computer via USB. You don't actually have to run any RCA cables to or from the Serato box besides the usb (since as it acts as a dongle for Serato). If that is able to be done with the Pioneer XDJ-R1 is really the question.

You can likely do MIDI, but not HID.

Plug the outputs of your SL1 into the R1's Line-In's.

USB of the R1 & SL1 into your Mac.

MIDI Learn all the features of Serato on your R1.

Tech Guru

This is a great portable solution for using SSL if you own a MC6000. Not as nice as the trusty turntables but handy nevertheless.
    http://serato.com/forum/discussion/1058733#new
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bassline Brine View Post
    Yeah but that would be using standard time-code CD's routing that way. With HID mode (with any of the newer Pioneer CDJ's) you plug the CDJ's into the computer via USB, and you also plug the Serato Box into the computer via USB. You don't actually have to run any RCA cables to or from the Serato box besides the usb (since as it acts as a dongle for Serato). If that is able to be done with the Pioneer XDJ-R1 is really the question.
    You still need to run the RCA's from the SL box into the mixer line ins. Then out to your speakers.

SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    You still need to run the RCA's from the SL box into the mixer line ins. Then out to your speakers.

Well the mixer line in's are available on the Pioneer XDJ-R1 so that /should/ be an option.