Pedal to control effects
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Pedal to control effects

Hey guys

Just saw this on loco dice's setup

Wondering if someone has ever used a pedal before. It looks very efficient. I am thinking of getting one. Any brand suggestions?

I watched that video again yesterday and was going to post something similar.
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

I use this one to control software via midi :

http://line6.com/footcontrollers/fbvexpressmkii.html

Not very expensive, and can be had second hand for less even, build isn't the sturdiest, but i'm sure it will endure the test of time, the software can be fiddly on a mac, but it's setup once and forget.
    I've never tried the spiders (the line 6 fx boxes) so i can't comment on that.

On the midi side, 4 buttons (the obvious) plus a fifth under the volume/expression pedal, and an expression pedal. Button can send different types of midi messages, and even send a certain note or cc when pushed, and another on release.

What more can i say, it frees my hands !

Im on the look out for a dd7 second hand tho !
    macbook pro, technics trntbl, numark pro sm-1, vestax pmc 08 pro, traktor scratch pro 2, akai mpd 24, novation nocturn, vci-100 fw1.4, krk rp5g2 and FBV express mk2

Default Pedal to control effects

Thanks going to look for one of them , what are you actually controlling with the pedal .
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

Alternatively traktor's fx/looper or ableton live (either fx or to live loop).
    I've set up the toe switch as a modifier in traktor, effectively doubling the amount of controls, and i use the fx and looper thru both fx loops on my Vestax 08 pro.
    Very flexible, and because it is midi i can also use it if i'm mixing internaly.

As a bonus (but don't take my word on it, as i've never tried this) i think that once it's setup (for midi), the pedal itself is midi class compliant. So you can also use it with an ipad.
    macbook pro, technics trntbl, numark pro sm-1, vestax pmc 08 pro, traktor scratch pro 2, akai mpd 24, novation nocturn, vci-100 fw1.4, krk rp5g2 and FBV express mk2

Not with software, but I've run a theramin through guitar pedals controlling fx, it's convenient using foot pedals.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Thanks for the info sounds a very interesting way to control fx/looper

Quote Originally Posted by oneapemob View Post
    Alternatively traktor's fx/looper or ableton live (either fx or to live loop).
    I've set up the toe switch as a modifier in traktor, effectively doubling the amount of controls, and i use the fx and looper thru both fx loops on my Vestax 08 pro.
    Very flexible, and because it is midi i can also use it if i'm mixing internaly.

As a bonus (but don't take my word on it, as i've never tried this) i think that once it's setup (for midi), the pedal itself is midi class compliant. So you can also use it with an ipad.

Whichever one comes up on ebay first and cheapest. I have a Rolls-MP80 that I picked up for ~£20.

Works great. 8 Pedals, 16 banks. More pedals than I 'll ever need.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Whichever one comes up on ebay first and cheapest. I have a Rolls-MP80 that I picked up for ~£20.

Works great. 8 Pedals, 16 banks. More pedals than I 'll ever need.
    What do you control with it Patch

Take a look at SoftStep. It has lots of dimensions of control.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast