Mixing, Oldies?

Thread: Mixing, Oldies?

Tech Wizard

Default Mixing, Oldies?

Straight up, could you toss some of these songs into a mix. I've never heard it done before so that's why I ask.

Played that game many times. Some great tracks. Fallout new Vegas has even better ones

Check out Swing by Cosmonov. I'm sure some of this stuff could be mixed in and out with the vocals from that, or some other magic you guys with better imaginations than I have, and hell if they can produce that song I don't see why you couldn't do some mashup to get some of that stuff into a set.

There was a DJ from Detroit in the 80's. I think his name was The Wizard or something. He'd mix all kinds of crazy stuff into house...TV jingles, old school songs, etc.

There is a DJ from Detroit called The Wizard, but his name is Jeff Mills, and he is a techno legend.

More on topic, OP should check out swing house.

Tech Mentor

Mills and the wizard are one and the same. There are a bunch of those mixes from the mid 80s still online if you look for them. Theyre utterly mind blowing. Mills playing acid, early house, electro, hip hop, pop music and snatches of commercials on a coupl of decks and a reel 2 reel.

There's not a single person on this board who couldn't learn something from these mixes. Sadly, he's no longer doing Wizard sets.as he's been told by promoters people dont want to listen to multi genre sets anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Mills and the wizard are one and the same. There are a bunch of those mixes from the mid 80s still online if you look for them. Theyre utterly mind blowing. Mills playing acid, early house, electro, hip hop, pop music and snatches of commercials on a coupl of decks and a reel 2 reel.

There's not a single person on this board who couldn't learn something from these mixes. Sadly, he's no longer doing Wizard sets.as he's been told by promoters people dont want to listen to multi genre sets anymore.
    I think we could all raise enough money to do a private DJTT show with Jeff Mills doing a Wizard set!!

My buddy posted a recording of one of his mixes here:

if you want to check him out.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    My buddy posted a recording of one of his mixes here:

if you want to check him out.
    The much missed Little Detroit had links to about 10 of them. I bagged the lot about a year ago. Dunno where they are now. Really awesome stuff.

Tech Wizard
    TSP2.6.5 | Kontrol Z2 | Technics 1210M3D x2 | TMA-1 | Wharfedale 8.1 ProActive x2 | MacBookPro 8,1 (OSX 10.9 2.0GHz, i7, 8GB/1TB Hybrid)