Do I really need a mixer? Or should I be getting this...

Default Do I really need a mixer? Or should I be getting this...

I've got a RME Babyface which has plenty of inputs and outputs, also for cueing.

I was wondering if I should get something like a Z2? Or I'd be better buying just controllers? Because the converters of the babyface compared to these range of mixers are far superior.

In that case, would the Ableton Push kill the (X1 + F1 + Z1) traktor controller combination? Some people say the F1 can do plenty of what the Z1 does. I guess it's all mapping, please correct me if i'm wrong!

What would you get first? Which controller? Thank you.

I don't think that the push is an ideal controller for djing.

I like to mix with an external mixer, mostly because of the EQs. But in my opinion the whole feeling is different. It depends on what you want to use, its your decision.

A friend of mine left his S4 at my home, so i tried it out. The first thing i noticed was that the sound quality wasn't that good of the built in soundcard.
    DJing: Traktor Pro 2 | NI Audio 8 | NI X1 | Pioneer DJM 250 | Technics SL-1200 MK2 | Mashine Mikro MK2
    Sound: Fame 5080AM Monitors | 2x DIY Speaker | Technics RP-DJ1210 Headphones

Tech Guru

I'm pretty sure the S4 has an A8-equivalent sound card and I see you have an A2, so I really doubt what you're saying.

Push is made for Ableton, so it's not the ideal Traktor controller. What's your budget?

It is all mapping, mate.

But they're called MIXERS for a reason.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    I'm pretty sure the S4 has an A8-equivalent sound card and I see you have an A2, so I really doubt what you're saying.

Push is made for Ableton, so it's not the ideal Traktor controller. What's your budget?
    I thought that also! I highly doubt that any NI interfaces and mixers outperform the RME in terms of sound quality converters. I know that having outboard mixing EQ can be better thanks to the aditional analog headroom, but in the budget I'm looking for (around 700-1k) there are a lot of mixers who are digital anyway, there is no analog summing.

So would it be wiser to buy the Push, assign and map the hell out of it for using with traktor? Or would I also need to get a Z1 and X1 for EQing? And will I be able to bypass these stuff?

Thanks very much, I'm kinda confused here. I also produce in Ableton, but I guess I'm asking for Djing purpose only.