Traktor 2.6.1 not opening on mac and have a gig tonight
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor 2.6.1 not opening on mac and have a gig tonight

I have been working on some playlists over the last couple of days and last night went to open Traktor and it came up with a error page and on my mac . I clicked to reopen and the same thing happens over again and again , I tried using time machine to reinstall but it doesn't work either . I have managed to get 2.6.0 working but I have lost all my playlist from my track collection . I tried installing the 2.6.3 update but that hasn't helped either.
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000007fff85e8

this is part of the error code.
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

Have you installed anything 'new' on your MacBook since the last time Traktor worked sucessfully for you.? By 'new' I mean another piece of software etc.

If so I would try removing that and seeing if it fixes the problem.

If it does not - If there is more detailled Crash Report please feel free to post it and maybe it can help us track down the problem.

The other suggestion I would have is boot into Single User Mode and run the Hardware Checking Tool - As I know some people have suggested errors like this can be related to RAM Issues.

what os are you using. i know that the latest traktor version won´t work on mac os lower than 10.7.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

I haven't installed anything new and I am up to date with the os. Would a fresh install be the best option.

You can try the Fresh Install route - As long as you don't mind being back to the 'Blank' state. If it continues after you have done a Fresh Install then it would suggest that perhaps there is a Hardware fault.

Tech Mentor

does mac keep old versions of traktor? (i know windows does)

Tried the new install route and tried to use info from previous installs and it failed with the same error code. I have got 2.6.0 working for now so will get me through tonight but need to figure out what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by neilmcm View Post
    Tried the new install route and tried to use info from previous installs and it failed with the same error code. I have got 2.6.0 working for now so will get me through tonight but need to figure out what is going on.
    Not sure if this will work but have you tried running a "repair" on your Mac using the First Aid feature in Disk Utilities?

Can't hurt to run it anyway.
    Last edited by jeanmarclavoie; 08-30-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Again not sure if this might help BUT, if you do a full RE-install don't just put Traktor in the Trash. Use something like AppCleaner (link below) to remove it so any library/data files belonging to Traktor also get removed and it is indeed a new FULL install. Then maybe do a restart before you RE-install.

https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/25276/appcleaner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast