I've heard it all now... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

It's basically like your girlfriend breaking up with you saying "it's not you, it's me" and "you're too good for me, you deserve someone better", which actually means "Of course it's you, I can't believe it took me so long to figure out what an idiot you are. I know now I can do so much better, and good luck to you finding someone else yourself, 'cause you sure as hell won't ever find somebody as good as me again!"

The best DJ is the one who rocks the floor best, not the one with flawless mixing. If you don't understand that and just do your thing, even though the crowd clearly wants something else, you're not 'too good' - you're not good at all....

That club owner did you a favor.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    That club owner did you a favor.
    I'm with you on this one...

Also not sayin I'm the worlds best djs but I've been asked to dj at venues and have felt I'm too different to be playing there
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

Well, I went down tonight for a 30 minute audition with my OTHER DJ partner, ended up playing for an hour and a half and the assistant manager said he was very happy with our set. He's going to have a chat with the big boss and let me know what he says, but it looks like we got it

After what they said about the other guys I'm not sure it's actually a compliment getting the gig haha, but I'm happy with the result anyway because we had a blast and the venue is great (1200 capacity).
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12