Compatibility of VCI-380

Default Compatibility of VCI-380

I've had the VCI-380 for about a year now, and I pretty much fully understand the ins and outs of how to properly DJ with it within Serato Itch; However I recently bought myself a pair of Stanton T.92's and the Traktor Scratch A6 and am currently learning how to use both of them together. The thing is, I currently don't have a mixer but have been taking advantage of the VCI-380's standalone mixer option and it works fine, but I'm wondering what you guys all think about this..? Like, is it worth it to buy a Traktor-ready mixer like the S4? I can't really use the 380's decks/midi buttons, which keeps me limited to just using 2 decks at a time, and I'm already seeing how some of this is going to be difficult (Takes much longer to beatmatch with the time coded vinyl, being that the BPM on the screen isn't as quick or exact as using a digital slider one like on the 380 in Serato).

So yeah, any tips for me at this point would be great. I took the DJ course at Dubspot in NYC a few months ago, so that plus my one year of messing around in my free time with my gear has left me with a decent understanding of how to work my gear the way I want, but I am no where NEAR where I want to be.

you have and a6 and a legit copy of traktor right?

just plug your turntables straight into the 380

then do this

Tech Guru

If you wanna use the software to beatmatch, why did you get DVS?

Quote Originally Posted by P4ULSON View Post
    you have and a6 and a legit copy of traktor right?

just plug your turntables straight into the 380

then do this

interesting video. and yes, i do have the a6 and it came with traktor scratch pro. however, i am already able to take use of my stantons with the vci in mixer mode. the thing is, the vci is only a 2 channel mixer, and when i switch it from using the vci decks to using the stanton decks, im unable to use any of the features such as the cue points, auto loop, roll, and slicer on the vestax. im not completely sure if thats what the video was addressing, and i dont think its a good idea for me to start messing around with the programs properties because i dont feel like corrupting anything haha. should i just upgrade to the s4? maybe even just wait because i feel like NI has to be coming out with a new controller soon, no? especially with the huge price drop for the s4 recently. bleh i dont even know haha i just feel like im stuck right now

Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    If you wanna use the software to beatmatch, why did you get DVS?
    to be honest i dont have a good answer other than just to be a more well-rounded dj haha. i figure that i wont really be using them other than in my bedroom, for gigs and stuff i would stick primarily with a midi controller and whatnot