EZF NY Cancelled - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    I understand and agree with the sentiment, but you are ignoring an inconvenient truth. Drugs are part of this culture as much as violence is in the current rap culture, and it always has been. Disagree? Please explain classic songs like Everything Starts With An E, or Energy Flash, where "ecstasy" is just repeated over and over. MDMA is just as much a part of the culture as music is. It's the sketchy uncle that no one wants to talk to, see, or admit exists, but he is still there. Ignoring won't help. I'm not saying accepting it is the way to go, but it needs to be addressed. Not ignored. Just acting like it's not part of the music doesn't help people make the right choices or educate them to what can be poor ones either.

And for what it's worth on the subject of BOO, look into who produced it, and who is doing some of the larger events in NY now.
    of course SOBI
    we are on the same page. i am certainly not new to seeing what happens and how these two things tie into eachother.
    However, there is no magic switch on anyones back that you can flip to make them do what you want.
    its the person themselves that choose to do things, drugs, drink, steal, or even to do things out of favor and generosity.
    what i dont agree to is how media keep ties the two things together.

drugs are drugs
    music is music
    what? no one talks about the substance abuse that Mozart inflicted on himself because its called Classical music? he was an avid drinker
    how about Hector Berlioz who was am opium addict?
    no lets not put that into our current news broadcasts or into the new york times when remembering music and its culture,
    instead lets talk about how kids today (and only today) all use MDMA if they listen to electronic music
    lets make all the parents think that if they send their child off to a rap concert, they will bump into at least 16 people who have a gun while their little sisters get gang banged willingly in the parking lot before the concert
    and a mosh pit only exists at a ROCK concert where the worst thing to happen is Cocaine and Weed.

Sorry Sobi, im on a rant. This is the exact reason my wife doesnt understand why i dont like to sit down and watch the news while she loves it. I keep reading between the lines / lies/ yellow journalism just grinds my gears

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    It's the sketchy uncle that no one wants to talk to, see, or admit exists, but he is still there. Ignoring won't help. I'm not saying accepting it is the way to go, but it needs to be addressed. Not ignored.
    Agreed. Even this forum has a strict "no drug talk" policy for some reason, even if the discussion is mature and productive. The moderators even close threads that discuss the need for discussing drugs (this thread is probably getting shut down soon). There has to be a responsible and PG way to talk about this taboo subject, even if it takes a little extra moderation.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    Except people arent dieing from pure drugs lmao, they are dieing when its cut with things that can kill you.
    Things that can kill you like what? Drugs? Drugs are cut with other drugs... Drugs don't kill the person, the person kills themselves by taking the drug

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    Agreed. Even this forum has a strict "no drug talk" policy for some reason, even if the discussion is mature and productive. The moderators even close threads that discuss the need for discussing drugs (this thread is probably getting shut down soon). There has to be a responsible and PG way to talk about this taboo subject, even if it takes a little extra moderation.
    Yes this is true but it's like covering the truth, it is what it is, we can't sugar coat what happened, "kids had too much sugar and they crashed" doesn't sound right. It is a PG forum but the sad part is that real life is not PG.

Tech Wizard

Just how far is too far? That's what everyone is going to be concerned about.. In Ny we have had some bad incidences with news and EDM festivals, anyone remember the Haunted Coliseum about a year ago when it was shut down early because people died, well now it's Ezoo and it will just make it harder and harder for a show to get played in Ny because there will be people 100000% against it.

Quote Originally Posted by KarbonNY View Post
    Things that can kill you like what? Drugs? Drugs are cut with other drugs... Drugs don't kill the person, the person kills themselves by taking the drug
    You make no sense dude? Mdma in a pure form is fine. With it being illegal it gets made by some random dude in a bathtub to begin with then gets cut many times before you even get it. you see my point yet?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    You make no sense dude? Mdma in a pure form is fine. With it being illegal it gets made by some random dude in a bathtub to begin with then gets cut many times before you even get it. you see my point yet?
    It makes alot of sense dude, and I gotcha now.

Tech Mentor

It's pretty simple if you ask me. I don't know anything about drugs, never done em, don't wanna try em. I know that they aren't allowed at the festivals or in the clubs. Thy are illegal. End of story. Don't tell me they go hand and hand with the scene because that just makes the scene sound horrible and will make it harder and harder to have shows.

Look at NYC 15-20 years ago. The clubs were a drug supermarket. Enough people died and the mayor got involved. Fast forward to today and there's nothing like there used to be around NY anymore. That a conversation for another day.

RIP to the party goers, I hope people learn from their mistakes.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dirty moose View Post
    It's pretty simple if you ask me. I don't know anything about drugs, never done em, don't wanna try em. I know that they aren't allowed at the festivals or in the clubs. Thy are illegal. End of story. Don't tell me they go hand and hand with the scene because that just makes the scene sound horrible and will make it harder and harder to have shows.

Look at NYC 15-20 years ago. The clubs were a drug supermarket. Enough people died and the mayor got involved. Fast forward to today and there's nothing like there used to be around NY anymore. That a conversation for another day.

RIP to the party goers, I hope people learn from their mistakes.
    I agree, they think this will give a hint to the other festival goers to not
    Do drugs, it won't but when you do drugs you know the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty moose View Post
    eh... I have been in plenty of clubs where people are bumping k and many other drugs right on the dancefloor. It may not be right in your face like you think it use to be, but its still there...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast