EZF NY Cancelled - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    eh... I have been in plenty of clubs where people are bumping k and many other drugs right on the dancefloor. It may not be right in your face like you think it use to be, but its still there...
    Yeah the drugs are as bad as they were if people want to take drugs in the club they'll take drugs in the club, bouncer won't find anything if they conceal it right and most of them get through, I remember at pacha there was this guy who had bags and bags of "smarties" PG rating, and there was a UC that was searching him and the security guards were all surrounding him and as me and my friends were leaving about 5-6 NYPD officers came rushing in.. It's unfortunate and stupid but it happens.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Prove us wrong. Keep this thread civilized and PG friendly. As soon as it switches to the wrong lane it gets the lock and infractions will be sent to the offending users.

PS: Fixed the thread title.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Prove us wrong. Keep this thread civilized and PG friendly. As soon as it switches to the wrong lane it gets the lock and infractions will be sent to the offending users.

PS: Fixed the thread title.

Thank you, my mistake will never be annoying me again! ahah and i will definitely keep it good for the public. Lets keep this thread alive and well

Tech Mentor

I know it still there. But as long as it still around and not legal, it will make it harder and harder to have good music festivals.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dirty moose View Post
    I know it still there. But as long as it still around and not legal, it will make it harder and harder to have good music festivals.

Thats the sad thing, this will keep happening and it will be harder and harder not only to have good music festivals but also keep them here and gain new ones, people dont understand how much damage theyre doing for the future, now there is going to be legislators that will fight so hard to keep "EDM Festivals" out of NY, but you cant stop people from doing what they want to do until they cant do it anymore. NY is 2/3 for closing big festivals down in the past year because of deaths...

Tech Mentor

Drugs have always been part of dance music...

The fact that it has slowly become more 'mainstream' is one of the only reasons people are surprised...

Look at all of us educated djs who are saying the same thing, we know it is a problem and we choose to not let this affect our love for the music.

The people who have only started listening to it over the last few years would be none the wiser about this problem.

Educate the masses...
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

So...your chance of dying at ezoo (estimating 100K people over the three days) is 2/100k... You are just as likely to accidentally drown as an adult male according to the CDC (http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6119a4.htm)... Should we ban swimming at the beach, lakes, and backyard pools? Kid jumped two fences and got his head kicked off at an amusement park...should we ban those as well? Alcohol is a staggering FOURTEEN TIMES AS DEADLY as attending a festival and using Molly. Using data from 2007, alcohol related deaths claimed 28.3/100k people in the US (http://ibis.health.state.nm.us/indic...elatedDth.html). Alcohol just happens to be a socially accepted form of drug use (and abuse).

Look, I went to Ultra for three days, and I took "pop-rocks" every single day, and I didn't die. I felt great everyday, actually, and the only thing that got to me was the loud music and exhaustion from 3 days of dancing. In fact, I'm pretty sure the only people that died at Ultra were 2 people setting up the stages (a terrible, and sad accident)...

Maybe we should just ban people who are too stupid to function from attending these events? Believe it or not, intelligence of the population is normally distributed, so there are going to be idiots who can't handle taking drugs because they don't understand how to be as safe as you possibly can while doing so. I.e. - buy a friggen CAMELBAK AND DRINK FREQUENTLY FROM IT. It is VERY DIFFICULT to over hydrate (delusional hyponatremia) and if you are just sipping from your pack throughout the day you will be fine. My friends and I usually carry one or two and fill them up 3 times throughout the day which was good enough for 6 people to stay perfectly hydrated. I went to six flags the other day (not on any drugs) and took my Camelbak, and I drank from it all day, as not to get dehydrated. Dehydration WILL KILL YOU whether you are on Molly or not. Before Ultra, each morning, I drank 2 liters of water mixed with Pedialyte for the electrolytes, then hydrated throughout the day. I had a beer or two to take the edge off, and I was fine. Went to sleep as soon as I got back to our hotel each night, and woke up refreshed and ready to go. It isn't rocket science. Take care of your body and it will take care of you. It is incredibly difficult to die from Molly, even when you get Serotonin Syndrome, which is rarely fatal -

per wiki: Upon the discontinuation of serotonergic drugs, most cases of serotonin syndrome resolve within 24 hours,[1][3][52][53] although in some cases delirium may persist for a number of days.[22] Symptoms typically persist for a longer time frame in patients taking drugs which have a long elimination half-life, active metabolites, or a protracted duration of action.[1]
    Cases have reported muscle pain and weakness persisting for months,[54] and antidepressant discontinuation may contribute to ongoing features.[55] Following appropriate medical management, serotonin syndrome is generally associated with a favorable prognosis.[56]

(but coupled with dehydration can be fatal) . Unless these two people were on MAOI's I just don't understand what excuse there could be for them dying, well I suppose unless the molly was cut with arsenic (that is a joke)...

Can we, as adults, please just admit that there are stupid people out there who make bad choices and end up dead? Then can we agree NOT to make decisions based off irrational emotions and instead based in science and statistics? I really hate how people here look down on drugs as something "other people" and "losers" use. Just because YOU don't enjoy taking drugs doesn't mean other people don't, and it doesn't mean that the people that do are bad people or incapable of enjoying the music drug free. The holier than thou attitude needs to stop because you decided to make a different life choice than someone else. Not everyone who does drugs is a sketchball who steals things to pawn so they can support their habit. Molly is not chemically addictive, not especially dangerous - less so than alcohol. Lets not rush to conclusions and start getting judgy and preachy. FYI Kaskade is a Mormon, of course he doesn't believe in taking drugs.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by KarbonNY View Post
    what the hell is "6 hits" ?
    does that mean 6 little key bumps? 6 giant lines? 6 grams?
    That makes no sense at all.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    what the hell is "6 hits" ?
    does that mean 6 little key bumps? 6 giant lines? 6 grams?
    That makes no sense at all.
    I know that is what i was saying too? They took six hits.... that is what the girl said before she died and every news station is saying "hits".

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast