EZF NY Cancelled - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

that's like saying I had 6 drinks of beer. ok 6 sips from one glass or 6 pints? lol

Honestly the only way to make any of this safer is to legalize it and commercialize it.
    21 plus legal just like alcohol if you must. you sell to minors you get arrested just like you would with beer.

People will know exactly what dosage they are getting and exactly what they are getting.
    put a limit on the amount you can buy even.

from a safety standpoint there is no reason any drug should be illegal.
    It's called personal responibilty.

Quote Originally Posted by KarbonNY View Post
    I've been into this scene for about 8 years, never tried that garbage once.. And I never plan on it. This idea nowadays that going to see your favorite DJ/act should automatically include some kind of party favor is crazy. Hell, 99% of the idiots from where I live currently have no idea who they're seeing(they pretend they do), no idea what songs they have out or what they're hearing, let alone what the dude on stage is even doing.... But I surely know what the main concern for them is... Who has the drugs. If your night has to revolve around doing drugs in order to actually have fun then what the hell are you actually doing? Stay home and be loser there. I understand you can use responsibly, but I just don't understand why it's all of a sudden "necessary" for the new era to use to have fun. I'll never get it. If you're so into the drug itself, then stay home and take it there.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    I've been into this scene for about 8 years, never tried that garbage once.. And I never plan on it. This idea nowadays that going to see your favorite DJ/act should automatically include some kind of party favor is crazy. Hell, 99% of the idiots from where I live currently have no idea who they're seeing(they pretend they do), no idea what songs they have out or what they're hearing, let alone what the dude on stage is even doing.... But I surely know what the main concern for them is... Who has the drugs. If your night has to revolve around doing drugs in order to actually have fun then what the hell are you actually doing? Stay home and be loser there. I understand you can use responsibly, but I just don't understand why it's all of a sudden "necessary" for the new era to use to have fun. I'll never get it. If you're so into the drug itself, then stay home and take it there.
    Every bar in existence is built around people planning to do the "drug" that the bar servese. Alcohol.

It's not an odd thing that people do drugs for enjoyment or focus their entire night around a drug. If it was alcohol wouldn't exist.

People go to the local pub where DJ Joe Schmoe is playing and they can care less who the dj is, they want their drug of choice. in this case alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    Every bar in existence is built around people planning to do the "drug" that the bar servese. Alcohol.

It's not an odd thing that people do drugs for enjoyment or focus their entire night around a drug. If it was alcohol wouldn't exist.

People go to the local pub where DJ Joe Schmoe is playing and they can care less who the dj is, they want their drug of choice. in this case alcohol.
    Don't compare apples to oranges, otherwise we'd be having a debate on what's worse to take at the club.. Coffee containing caffeine or Tylenol to help ease the pain. Festivals weren't established around the drugs that fill them, don't give me that crap.

A typical dose is .2 grams so I'm guessing 1.2 of very pure and highly serotogenic MDMA. Likely cause of death: seratonin syndrome leading to hyperthermia combined with acute dehydration and consequently an imbalance of electrolytes causing a seizure, hypovolemic shock (lack of properly circulating blood and oxygen) and ultimately death.

The male was found with crystal methamphetamine. A combination of CNS stimulating drugs can lead to acute hyperthermia (this seems to be the case in this situation) as the body loses it's ability to regulate its core temperature. However, as news reports have shown - it took over 4 hours to even get this guy to a hospital. He didnt collapse and die immediately. He was languishing in the summer heat for hours on end with little medical attention. I'm sure, given his size, his health was not the greatest. He's not exactly the poster child for the ironman competition or anything. He was likely suffering from dehydration and electrolyte imbalance as well.

Again - there are steps one can take to prevent these occurrences. Namely: intake of electrolytes pre, post, and if possible, during any situation in which one will be sweating and in a hot environment, whether taking CNS drugs or not. Drinking water throughout the day. Taking adequate breaks during the day to reduce the possibility of overexertion is also recommended. I mean really...sit down and take in the sights for a little bit. If possible carry an NSAID to aid in vasodilation and reduction of body temperature as well as swelling reduction in the brain (although I am not a doctor so I can't speak to any of the potentiating or other effects am NSAID may have in combination with MDMA or any other illicit substance).

Things to not do: do not keep dancing if you feel tired, sick, or have a headache.

Don't take more than you can handle. Any drug you take should be taken with a healthy dose of knowledge and skepticism as to the contents and effect the drug may have. Potency can vary wildly from batch to batch. If you're going to do it - be smart and don't f'ing take the whole lot in one bang. Spread it throughout the day, keep the good vibes going, and never lose control.

Don't "keep pushing" to extend your high. My rule of thumb is generally; I've bought enough before the concert, if I need to buy more there because I'm just not "up" enough, that means I'm either a) serotonin depleted, exhausted, dehydrated, or any combination of the three, and I shouldn't be pressing my body further than it's limits just so I can dance an hour or two longer. I'd rather be at the rave coming down, than at the hospital getting strapped down.

Mind you; I no longer use Molly due to my use of SSRI's rendering the drug ineffective. I don't regret it. My quality of life, due to the SSRI's is significantly improved. I still mix and listen to house/electro music and love it, but no, I don't find raves quite as fun.

Anyway, be safe out there. Taking drugs or not, festivals can be dangerous, just like anywhere else with a similar environment, given the summer heat, dancing, and mass crowds. Always be aware and in control of your own body and always know when to stop, sit down, take a break, and appreciate your surroundings. It's amazing what a 10-15 minute break every now and then, especially at an all day festival, will do for your mind, body, and dare I say, spirit.

Tech Guru

If you're so into the drug itself, then stay home and take it there.
    Mandy doesn't make things good, it augments the experience. Not to mention the energy it gives.

As for the "legalise some hard drugs" idea, that wouldn't really solve much. Most people abuse alcohol the first time they have it which is quite bad, but having too much md can have worse consequences. The fact that it's illegal makes people more scared at first. And honestly, I don't really think the quality of drugs would get much better. I mean, look at the food you buy - most of it has been modified in order to be cheaper to make. Decriminalising may be the best idea for non-addictive drugs.

Tech Mentor

Don't compare apples to oranges, otherwise we'd be having a debate on what's worse to take at the club.. Coffee containing caffeine or Tylenol to help ease the pain. Festivals weren't established around the drugs that fill them, don't give me that crap.
    people don't take tylenol to have fun. do they? I might be out of the loop.

People will base their entire weekend around drinking beer just to have fun.
    People will base their entire weekend around taking molly or coke or whatever.
    Same thing

You just have to accept that some people don't give a shit about music and just want to get tipsy with their friends. It's really not that big a deal and if people want to do something just let them do it. You have no right to tell them otherwise.
    Will some people die, yep, should we outlaw alcohol too? nope we already know the outcome of prohibtion.

Would you feel safer if your kids were taking mdma pills they bought at CVS or one's from some hippy with random amounts in baggies?

Music is fun
    music and alcohol is fun
    music and drugs is fun
    get off your high horse and accept that people have different ideas of fun.

Drugs have been used since man first discovered chewing on a cocoa leaf made him feel alert and able to complete tasks he couldn't before. Stop being so ignorant and stop talking like an old man. The "new era" talk is bullshit. Drugs as a means of defining and creating a culture have existed forever. Native Americans smoke peyote. It's not some new voodoo. It's an age old social practice that allows individuals to think and feel differently, form social bonds, and find answers that previously eluded them.

I'm not naive. Not everyone's experience is so pure and unadulterated. Highly addictive substances like crystal methamphetamine, cocaine, heroin and nicotine create almost unbreakable attachments and dependencies in its users. I know because I've struggled with nicotine use and cessation for years. Sure it doesn't "mess me up" but it's a terrible addiction that I haven't been able to kick even though I want to.

Here's my thing about drug use; if you can use it, manage your life, and handle your responsibilities, than I have no issue. Once you start robbing me to feed your addiction, begging on the street, or going to jail, then something needs to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank112916 View Post
    Drugs have been used since man first discovered chewing on a cocoa leaf made him feel alert and able to complete tasks he couldn't before. Stop being so ignorant and stop talking like an old man. The "new era" talk is bullshit. Drugs as a means of defining and creating a culture have existed forever. Native Americans smoke peyote. It's not some new voodoo. It's an age old social practice that allows individuals to think and feel differently, form social bonds, and find answers that previously eluded them.

I'm not naive. Not everyone's experience is so pure and unadulterated. Highly addictive substances like crystal methamphetamine, cocaine, heroin and nicotine create almost unbreakable attachments and dependencies in its users. I know because I've struggled with nicotine use and cessation for years. Sure it doesn't "mess me up" but it's a terrible addiction that I haven't been able to kick even though I want to.

Here's my thing about drug use; if you can use it, manage your life, and handle your responsibilities, than I have no issue. Once you start robbing me to feed your addiction, begging on the street, or going to jail, then something needs to be fixed.
    People have always done drugs, it's just never been as big publicly as it is now with the specific "scene" we're discussing(More underground might be the better way to word it). Doing it on your own and managing it isn't even remotely the point I was trying to make. I gave my opinion, then I used my area as an example as to how I see today's younger EDM culture evolving in front of me.

Default EZF NY Cancelled

People have always done drugs, it's just never been as big publicly as it is now with the specific "scene" we're discussing(More underground might be the better way to word it). Doing it on your own and managing it isn't even remotely the point I was trying to make. I gave my opinion, then I used my area as an example as to how I see today's younger EDM culture evolving in front of me.
    Yes it has. The drug of choice was just typically alcohol for what was a smell sect of the "mainstream top 40's" bar going individuals who got into electronic music. Now a lot of the high risk/low knowledge individuals from that party scene have moved over to the EDM scene and the scary word "drugs" is out in the open.

The fact of the matter is that it's not that somehow drugs have become more a part of the culture, simply that the culture of EDM, which involves drug use much of the time, has become much more mainstream. Ergo, drug use has become more mainstream. Rave culture is now in the public eye because poor little Timmy and Tammy from their white, upper middle class, suburban neighborhoods are turning into Kandi Kids and can't handle themselves properly. Their parents are up in arms and naturally anytime ANYONE dies (unless you're a black or Hispanic male in his late teens/early twenties in the ghetto - sorry non sequitur) the entire populous gets involved to eradicate the non existent epidemic. Sorry but it's going to take more than one pretty white girl dying to convince me there is a real problem. Once it starts to affect the bourgeois it goes from an outlying concern to an immediate issue that needs to be addressed no matter if the issue actually exists or not. (I am neither poor nor a minority, this is just how I see it).

Yes - as more people do something that has a remote chance of killing you - the absolute number of deaths will naturally increase at the rate at which the population of users increases. That's just basic math. Doesn't mean the underlying chance from use, of death, has increased and it doesn't meant people who did drugs as a ratio of those who don't have changed. It's simply the amount of people. Recency bias is a bitch and a half. No one ever talks about the kid who didnt die because he didnt do drugs and sat in a lawn chair all day sipping water and casually listening to music at the festival or rave.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast