Tech Wizard

Default EZF NY Cancelled

you mean EZF not EDC
    Electric Zoo Festival

EDC is Electric Daisy
    couple people died. MDMA was found on scene

Kaskade had a really good point he made about it in a reply
    actually i made the same one just before my wife found his on facebook

What does Extacy and getting high have to do with electronic music festivals? nothing
    its what people will do anywhere else too so if you are going to get high at these events thinking youll have a better time
    stop being selfish and stay the -F- home so you dont ruin it for everyone else

now that two dates are cancelled and no one will be paid back for them
    the organizers are gonig to pay some serious fines, as well as STILL have to pay the artists - vendors - staffing involved even though the dates dont take place.

What do you think this is going to do for their budget for next years EZF ?

3 years of this RUIN and shut down the Boo Festivals.
    not because of drugs but because of bad weather. 3 years in a row, then the entire organization lost its money to the point of not being able to maintain itself. So they shut down.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/38529...usaolp00000008
    Here's a decently thought out editorial on the subject.

Found it interesting that Bonaroo has had 10 deaths over the years.

Unfortunately, deaths at large gatherings of young people has happened way before EDM and will happen in the future.

Tech Wizard

Default EDC NY Cancelled

Yes I meant EZF I don't know why I typed EDC maybe I'm still living in the past or something, but check this out its so true

To me its as simple as making the drugs legal so people can become educated about them and so the drugs will be pure and not cut with everything under the sink...

what happened to dancesafe? get your shit tested for free at the party...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Quote Originally Posted by antifmradio View Post
    What does Extacy and getting high have to do with electronic music festivals? nothing
    its what people will do anywhere else too so if you are going to get high at these events thinking youll have a better time
    stop being selfish and stay the -F- home so you dont ruin it for everyone else
    I understand and agree with the sentiment, but you are ignoring an inconvenient truth. Drugs are part of this culture as much as violence is in the current rap culture, and it always has been. Disagree? Please explain classic songs like Everything Starts With An E, or Energy Flash, where "ecstasy" is just repeated over and over. MDMA is just as much a part of the culture as music is. It's the sketchy uncle that no one wants to talk to, see, or admit exists, but he is still there. Ignoring won't help. I'm not saying accepting it is the way to go, but it needs to be addressed. Not ignored. Just acting like it's not part of the music doesn't help people make the right choices or educate them to what can be poor ones either.

And for what it's worth on the subject of BOO, look into who produced it, and who is doing some of the larger events in NY now.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    To me its as simple as making the drugs legal so people can become educated about them and so the drugs will be pure and not cut with everything under the sink...
    Yeah but that's like alcohol, it's been legal for mad long and we know alot about it but yet people still getting alcohol poisoning a die no matter if its legal or not people will die of it, they could make alot of money off of it by making it legal but that's a long stretch.

soulwax : e-talking

most of the artists are high too.

Quote Originally Posted by KarbonNY View Post
    Yeah but that's like alcohol, it's been legal for mad long and we know alot about it but yet people still getting alcohol poisoning a die no matter if its legal or not people will die of it, they could make alot of money off of it by making it legal but that's a long stretch.
    Except people arent dieing from pure drugs lmao, they are dieing when its cut with things that can kill you.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast