Ozei's setup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ozei's setup

Tech Wizard

Default Ozei's setup

I started DJ'ing from scratch about two years ago. With nothing to play with, I bought Numark Mixtrack and Lexicon Alpha USB-interface. With Alpha hooked up to my JVC BoomBlaster and some cheap headset to my computer sound card, and Traktor LE loaded on my shi**y laptop, I was rockin... trainwrecking all over my one room apartment.

My beloved Mixtrack

Two different sound cards caused some troubles; first of all, the Alpha was really bad quality (volume knob didn't affect both stereo channels in the same way) and different sound cards drifted out of sync after a while (yea...).

Big improvement was when I picked up a pair of monitors, Behringer B2030A Truths. For the price they are propably the best piece of studio speakers there are; clear sound with punchy bass.

So then, last christmas, my girlfriend gave me NI Komplete Audio 6 and I was all like
    We also moved together and now we have this HUGE apartment and I got my own corner for all my stuff.

Komplete Audio 6 & B2030A Truth

Then, few months back, I bought Traktor Kontrol F1. I don't really use it for anything groundbreaking, mostly launch some complimentary loops and samples out of there. Neat piece of hardware and great build quality, though.

My current stuff

My corner in our apartment

And yes, I am mostly a bedroom DJ. I have done a couple of "gigs" for local sports club, playing at their events (and it's been great for everyone), but really nothing that would have paid me some money. At the moment this is my beloved hobby, but maybe in the future...

Speaking of future; I'm selling my Mixtrack (hurts a bit, though, it has served faithfully) and I'm waiting for my new gear to arrive... Not telling what, at least not yet But more controllerism, I promise

Edit: Tried to fix the pics, derpbox is a new thing for me...

Update 9/8/2013:

New gear:

Mixtrack sold.
    Got myself CMD MM-1 and X1 Mk2.

Update 10/31/2013

Kontrol stands.

(And yes, that's foam from Kontrol Stand package under the MM-1, kind of impromptu stand for it )

Update 3/3/2014:

Moar stuff: PL-1 and NI Traktor Audio 2 Mk2 (latter was b-stock, new in opened box. No pic but you know what it is)

Also, LED lights from IKEA:

Update 7/28/2014:

Chroma goodness!

Gearlist
    Acer laptop
    Behringer CMD MM-1
    Behringer CMD PL-1
    Traktor Kontrol X1 Mk2
    Traktor Kontrol F1
    NI Komplete Audio 6
    NI Traktor Audio 2 Mk2 (for the occasional gig)
    Behringer B2030A Truth's
    Sennheiser HD438 headphones (not the best there are, but good enough)
    Traktor Kontrol Case
    Magma KNTRL RMX case (for MM-1)
    2x Traktor Kontrol Stand
    Millenium laptopstand (for occasional gig, if I happen to get any)
    Last edited by Ozei; 07-28-2014 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Setup update
    CMD MM-1 - CMD PL-1 - Traktor Kontrol X1 Mk2 - Traktor Kontrol F1 - NI Komplete Audio 6/Traktor Audio 2 Mk2
    My setup history
    Mixcloud page

Welcome. Mate you need to fix your pics, with dropbox you need to post the image url, not the actual link. tags are correct but you need to choose the "copy public link" option
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Welcome. Mate you need to fix your pics, with dropbox you need to post the image url, not the actual link. tags are correct but you need to choose the "copy public link" option
    Does it work now? Because I saw the pics even previously (and there is no "copy public link" option )

This derpbox thing is so new to me...
    CMD MM-1 - CMD PL-1 - Traktor Kontrol X1 Mk2 - Traktor Kontrol F1 - NI Komplete Audio 6/Traktor Audio 2 Mk2
    My setup history
    Mixcloud page

lookin good
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Nice man! I too am using a mixtrack still with an old laptop but at least it runs traktor well. Are those stickers on your mixtrack jog wheels? Looks good i might have to do that to mine.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Exuro View Post
    Nice man! I too am using a mixtrack still with an old laptop but at least it runs traktor well. Are those stickers on your mixtrack jog wheels? Looks good i might have to do that to mine.
    Thanks Yes they are stickers, got a bunch of different kinds of them when I bought the F1, and those round ones were just perfect for the jog wheels.
    My setup history
    Mixcloud page

Tech Convert

Nice and clean, I love it

Tech Wizard

SETUP UPDATE

Got my new gear!

(Pics, so did happen)

It's goodbye mixtrack, but now it has been replaced with CMD MM-1 for all mixing needs and X1 Mk2 for effects & transport. Almost needless to say, but I'm really satisfied with much greater feature set and increased mobility these units offer.

Also got Traktor Kontrol case and Magma KNTRL RMX case. The latter is ment for Pioneer Rmx-1000 but is perfect for MM-1 too.
    My setup history
    Mixcloud page

how does the behringer truth sound? i am contemplating on getting a used pair for 100$ a pc.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by arsman View Post
    how does the behringer truth sound? i am contemplating on getting a used pair for 100$ a pc.
    Well, the sound is clear and truthful (pun semi-intended). Of course without a subwoofer lowest frequencies are left out, but with reasonable volumes (i.e. ones you can use comfortable when in front of them) there's nice, punchy bass also. Truth's also provide some tweaking options for the sound; I've set high freqs to -2dB as personal preference (and for room related reasons), but you get also some settings for bass. The bigger B2031A Truths give even more tweaks if I recall correctly.

(Disclaimer thingy: ) I'm not really expert when it comes to monitors (these are the only ones I've had), but for the price I've been more than satisfied.
    My setup history
    Mixcloud page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast