Ozei's setup - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ozei's setup

Tech Wizard

question: is the MM-1 and kontrol F1/X1 the same size?? i do realize the MM-1 is higher. the reason i'm asking is because i want to a DC-1 to my setup (Kontrol S2 + X1 MK2) and i want it to sit flush!!!

Mixtrack Pro 2 looks so much bigger than Mixtrack Pro!!

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Have a large glass of water and a wank. Problem solved.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by neogeo View Post
    question: is the MM-1 and kontrol F1/X1 the same size?? i do realize the MM-1 is higher. the reason i'm asking is because i want to a DC-1 to my setup (Kontrol S2 + X1 MK2) and i want it to sit flush!!!
    It's somewhat bigger in every direction. Not by great margin but it's noticeable. They're about the same length (difference is like 1cm), but MM-1 is noticeably taller and "much" (around 3cm, 25%) wider. I think that the length matters the most, so they do fit together nicely IMO
    CMD MM-1 - CMD PL-1 - Traktor Kontrol X1 Mk2 - Traktor Kontrol F1 - NI Komplete Audio 6/Traktor Audio 2 Mk2
    My setup history
    Mixcloud page

Tech Wizard

Setup update!

Kontrol stands!

Very solid and fit perfectly (as expected ofc). They were on sale, it was that ~30€ a piece, so I think it was a good deal Initial launch price (50€/pc) was a tad high, but the price drop won me over.

And yes, that's packaging foam from Kontrol Stand box under the MM-1, kind of makeshift stand. Temporary solution, I hope; maybe it's time for some DIY when I happen to have spare time.
    CMD MM-1 - CMD PL-1 - Traktor Kontrol X1 Mk2 - Traktor Kontrol F1 - NI Komplete Audio 6/Traktor Audio 2 Mk2
    My setup history
    Mixcloud page

Tech Mentor

Great setup! This is exactly the combination I am considering myself right now....

One question: how well does the MM-1 fit in that Magma case? You got a pic of it in there?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Paco Loco View Post
    One question: how well does the MM-1 fit in that Magma case? You got a pic of it in there?
    It's almost like the case is made for it; fitting almost perfectly. MM-1 is a couple of centimeters shorter than the case, but there are two small foam blocks that are meant to "tighten" the controller inside the case so by using them it's fitting great.

No pics, sorry
    Last edited by Ozei; 01-16-2014 at 12:57 PM.
    My setup history
    Mixcloud page

Tech Mentor

Cool, cheers for the info.

Tech Wizard

Update 3/3/2014:

Moar stuff: PL-1 and NI Traktor Audio 2 Mk2 (latter was b-stock, new in opened box. No pic but you know what it is)

Also, LED lights from IKEA:

My setup history
    Mixcloud page

Tech Wizard

Update 7/28/2014:

Chroma goodness!

Got caps from local reseller a while ago and was too lazy to post a picture Then I used my voucher from the DJTT survey to get some high-quality colored cables. Feels and looks better now!

No functional changes in the setup, I'm liking it the way it is

Edit: picture links are broken, I'm trying to fix it...
    Edit2: Should work now... I dunno
    Last edited by Ozei; 07-28-2014 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Pic fix
    My setup history
    Mixcloud page

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12