Need some opinions about 2 controllers

Default Need some opinions about 2 controllers

Hello,

I need your opinion about buying Traktor Kontrol S2 or Reloop Terminal Mix 4, i am a beginner dj, i am using Traktor Pro and until last week i was using a Mixtrack Pro.
    I'm very undecided which djcontroller to buy, i like the build quality of reloop terminal mix 4 but i don't like that it was build for serato and i saw that some users had some problems with the jogweels and the soundcard.
    The Kontrol S2 has a good integration with traktor and NHL technology but i don't like the plastic build quality and the size of the jogs and that this controller has reached end-of-life.
    What do you think? which controller should i buy considering that i am not a scratch dj?
    Should i wait for the new controllers from native instruments?

Please excuse my bad english.

Tech Mentor

go for the S2.

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

I'd go for the TM4.. It's way better than the S2 if you don't care about the scratch performance. The one difference between their layouts apart from the obvious however is that in the effects section the TM4 has 3 knobs and 1 encoder, whereas the S2 has 4 knobs matching traktors layout better. It's only a small adjustment to get used to it though.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

I'd go for the Reloop. The TM4 layout and mapping suits Traktor pretty well. You have the option of 4 decks. It's well made. You can dip your toe into Serato if you want to as it comes with DJ Intro. 2 master + booth outputs. Line/phono AUX input which you can route through Traktor as a live input or straight out of the master as a backup. Better build quality.

Tech Wizard

The s2 is plug and play you dont have to worry about any mappings. The sound is a1, the tm4 is geared for serato and imo serato is horrible compared to traktor. If you dont want a 4 channel controller why look at the tm4? The 2 channel version made for traktor made by reloop is the reloop remix 3. I would give that a look if you like reloop controllers. And want to use traktor.

Tech Mentor

Native Instruments integration with their controllers is a high mark in my book, if you use Traktor, I think a proprietary controller like the S2 is the way to go. I'm not sure what sound card is integrated into the S2, but if it's at least as good as the Audio 2, then you're golden. I used to think the same thing about the build quality of NIs hardware too though, but if I can keep a nanokontrol alive through years of road use, an S2 should be able to stand up to your rigors just fine.
    VCI-100se1.3 & Kontrol F1 & Midi Fighter Classic & Traktor Audio 2 & Pioneer HDJ-1000 & Compaq Presario CQ62
    http://www.facebook.com/DjFrostGiant
    http://www.mixcloud.com/FrostGiant/

Tech Wizard

If price is an issue, I would stick with the S2. Personally I would go with the Reloop. More flexibility with 4 decks, ability to work with Serato (you never know if you will want to try it out), and 4 deck control gives you more room for growth if you choose to head down that path.