Need help with a bass line
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Need help with a bass line

Whats up everyone,

Have a listen to this track by JFB & Mr Dero https://soundcloud.com/ghettofunk/ro...-mr-dero-remix

How the hell have they made that bassline that comes in at about the 1 minute mark?

Would like to be able to replicate but don't have the necessary ability, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Peace out

Candyman

Tech Convert

Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?...Anyone?...Anyone?

Tech Wizard

Post Wobble Bassline

Hey Candyman. With the bassline at the 1 min mark what they did it make a wobble type effect. I'm on FL studios and what I do for that it you take a bassline you like and add a LPF on it, you then add an automation on it that makes the LPF go to 1/8 of a beat, this will make the wobble bassline you are looking for, a lot easier said then done tho.

sounds kind of a fat saw bass type with automated LFO controlling the cutoff frequency.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy View Post
    sounds kind of a fat saw bass type with automated LFO controlling the cutoff frequency.
    Thanks for that Alchemy, follow up question, is this something that I can make in Ableton or will I need a vst like Massive? And if it is something like massive do you know of a free massive type synth? It's not that I'm cheap it's because I'm broke

Tech Wizard

Arrow All in Ableton

Quote Originally Posted by candyman View Post
    Thanks for that Alchemy, follow up question, is this something that I can make in Ableton or will I need a vst like Massive? And if it is something like massive do you know of a free massive type synth? It's not that I'm cheap it's because I'm broke
    Nope you can do it right off Ableton. just got to find it, the only thing you got to worry about is the automation, sounds like its a 1/4 beat or a 1/8th beat.

Post It's all in ableton

Quote Originally Posted by candyman View Post
    Hey whats up,

Yes ableton does that that effect on its program you just got to find it. The key is in the automation that's where you will get the wobble effect that you want.

Try looking for this type of tutorials on youtube, you will sure find something similar and lear a couple of things in the meantime.

Operator fat bass, wobble bass, resse bass. Tags like that.

Its a super saw bass, some reese in there and a flanger effect ontop of it all.

Tech Convert

Thanks guys, will start looking at some tutorials, although I have just discovered Sugar Bytes Cyclop and within 2 minutes of playing with the demo was able to make those kind of sounds.......might have to buy it......can anyone lend me $119???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast