What Audio Interface around 500-600 bucks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default What Audio Interface around 500-600 bucks

Hello everyone, what audio interface would you recommend for the vci-100 with a budget of about 5-600 dollars.

lol pretty much anything brother. the most expensive i can think of would be an audio 8 which is about $499 at *most*
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

At $500, for an external USB sound card, you could purchase almost any sound card. I like my Audio8, which you could get for less than $500.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Are you mixing internally or externally ?

If externally how many decks do you plan on using ?

Do you want a USB soundcard or a firewire (generally overall better quality) soundcard ?

Tech Convert

I will be mixing internally, just using the vci for everything, i would prefer a good firewire card but that doesnt matter too much im more concerened with audio quality.

firebox has excellent sound quality, and is firewire. many good things have been said about it around here.

audio 8 has around the same quality, is usb, and can be later adapted to a DVS setup with traktor if you want to go that way in the future. many good things have been said about it as well.

those are my two recommendations
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Course you can also spend about $100 more and have a Korg Zero 4. Firewire audio, a mixer, future support if you decide to go with dvs, extra midi control, and lots of effects. I see them all over for ~$700 or less.
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl

The Echo Audio Fire 2 is pretty decent, unless you have destroyed ears - otherwise then you might find that the headphone preamp will be a little weak, otherwise it will be plenty loud for you

Yeah,

I would also shout for and Audio 8, which is what I have.

Eve though the majority of the time I just use my VCI and mix internally, having the flexibility to change and use the extra outputs is a bonus, and one i'll be using tonight as i'm DJing with a couple of guys from a relitivly famous band here in the UK.

While in this club (with a particularly small DJ Box) I normally just lift the CDJ's out the way and use the space for my lappy and VCI i'm almost sure they'll be using CD's and i cant do that, so it'll be external mixing, multicores and using the CDJ's for control tonight so we can swap over with least hassle.

and even when not doing this, the extra outputs for a monitor, recording or zone output is always handy.

k

Tech Mentor

I say firebox. Granted it's "only" $300 but it's got the most stable drivers I've ever seen, ultra low asio latency (around 2.5/3 ms), plus a retarted loud headphone preamp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast