Powered to Passive? Mixer Change Over

Default Powered to Passive? Mixer Change Over

Well im new to this forum but i still hope to find help from someone who may have had this idea before and if it proved successful or not, basically i have a powered mixer but have misplaced the power supply and unable to find the replacement on favoured sites i.e. ebay etc... i am looking to find out if i would be able to change a powered mixer to a passive mixer and obviously the mixer output would be amplified using a Power Amp so there would be no reason to have it powered, in my theory anyway, any help or directions to help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You !

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

You are just replacing the mixer correct ?

If so, yes, just run your New Mixer > Amplifier > Speakers instead of using the Power Mixers' outputs.

I should have said, i do not have the power supply for the mixer this is why i want to change it, but i still wanted to know if it would work.

Also it would be

Source(mp3/laptop/etc...) > Mixer > Amp > Speakers

i was thinking of just being as simple to bypass the power switch, but i have been told i cannot do what i want as it is a DJ mixer.

if it helps the mixer is Numark DM 1001 EX

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/produc...ex-chrome.html

Tech Mentor

You would be better off contacting the manufacturer and getting maybe 2 of the power supply, unless the amp in the mixer is not worth the hassle getting working.

Default Mixer

i did post the name and make of the mixer as Numark DM1001EX but the forum decided not to post it.

Nope, unfortunately for your mixer to work, you will need power running to your mixer. Best to contact the manufacturer like Jeff suggested.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Nope, unfortunately for your mixer to work, you will need power running to your mixer. Best to contact the manufacturer like Jeff suggested.
    I was going to reply with something similar due to the way the post is written. But I think he means Powered Desk, as in with a Amplifier Built in, as opposed to running a mixer without any power source.