Modular setup soundcard queries!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Modular setup soundcard queries!

Hey guys,
    I'm planning to buy a mixer, F1 and XI to replace my S2. I realize i need a soundcard to connect the mixer to my computer. The question is, if i'm using 2 main decks and the remix deck thru the F1, do i need anything more than an Audio 2? Also, would it be possible to connect the mixer to my computer using my studio card, which is a Focusrite 2i2?

Thanks in advance!

maybe, you will only be sending out two stereo pairs with an audio 2 or audio 4 for that matter. If you want to send out each deck and remix deck to their own channel on the mixer you would need 3 stereo pairs or an Audio 6/8/10 in native's soundcards.

Just saw the end of your post, As long as they are both ASIO "which they are" you can sync the audio clocks together to use in tandem, But I'm not sure whether traktor allows you to use multiple soundcards. Hopefully someone else who knows can chime in.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Convert

Thanks for the reply - i'm confused as to the difference between sending out two stereo pairs versus sending out a stereo pair for each channel. I was told running an audio 2 would be sufficient for 2 deck use? Or am i mistaken?

for two decks you can do that no worries, it's just if you want to run the remix deck to it's own channel on the mixer. And your question doesn't really make any sense. the Audio 2/4 has 4 mono outputs, that's 2 stereo pairs, sufficient for running 2 decks into a mixer.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Sounds like you need an Audio 8/10 or an ESI Gigaport, as you're going to need 3 stereo pairs (6 channels), which rules the Audio 2 out.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Guru

The Traktor Audio 6 has 3 stereo outputs, hence the name.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

I am basing this answer through the NI's website and if you look on set up examples on the f1/x1 page, you will see that they use an audio 2 if you will not use a mixer. if there is a mixer involved, they used an audio 6/10.

Will also be my setup as I will be looking to buy an x1 and a mixer. already have an a6 and f1 at hand.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Tech Guru

You can use the Audio 2 with an external mixer in the same way, but you'll only have 2 decks in External mode and you won't be able to record.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Convert

Thanks a bunch guys, seems like i'll have to be getting an Audio 6 or equivalent. On this, are the NI cards best for this purpose, in terms of cost/quality or are there other cards i should consider?

You can also get a Traktor Certified Mixer like the DJM 850/900 or Denon Dn-X 1600/1700 with integrated 4 Channel Soundcard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast