S4 Crossfader...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default S4 Crossfader...

Ok. I'm going insane. I've searched everywhere for a fix however can't seem to find one.

I started doing a mix yesterday and the internal crossfader in Traktor will jump to about 95% towards the left deck. I don't have the issue when the S4 is not plugged in so it's not the software. I hardly ever use the crossfader on the S4, always the volumes so it's not worn out, and hell I just got it in May. When jamming out and doing a mix it's really annoying when it jumps full left. I have to take the crossfader on the S4 and go full left then full right and it'll reset to where ever I leave it with the S4 like it should. I've reset the S4 in the settings and calibrated the crossfader approximately 291428067958 times. Ive found some similar issues on NI's forum about this with the volume faders but none about the crossfader and NI had all those threads locked. I have heard horror stories about NI customer service and figured I'd try here. Anyone have any info?
    Traktor Pro 2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter (#100 by Ean himself!), blah blah blah

Soundcloud || Facebook

Not adding in a direct way but I wish I could replace the crossfader on the S4. I'll keep this post on watch.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

... all i can say is check the controller options. maybe its not the controller itself but the software.
    "Be RANDOM to get NOTICED" -ellaskins

Log a ticket with NI and they will talk you through what the issue may be. If they feel it may be a hardware issue they will ask you to send your s4 through the post to them and test it. If it turns out to be a faulty S4 they will send you a new one.

Ive had this recently with the right tempo fader. Their customer service has been EXCELLENT!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Contact NI like Kooper says.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

Launch the Traktor options screen and click on Traktor S4 -> Recalibrate crossfader

Quote Originally Posted by Quenepas View Post
    Not adding in a direct way but I wish I could replace the crossfader on the S4. I'll keep this post on watch.
    http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285743

Macbook Pro 2011, Pioneer DJM 750mk2, 2xTechnics SL-1200mk2, Dicers, Ortofon Concorde Scratch,
    Yamaha HS50M & HS10W, Sennheiser Amperior w/Custom Cans wrapped cable.
    Torq 2.0.3, Traktor 2.81 Rekordbox 5.2
    http://www.thankphat.com

Quote Originally Posted by Will_D View Post
    :eek: Wow! Awesome!! I remember reading that changing the crossfader on the S4 couldnt be done due to space issues but this solves the issue in a simple manner. Also it is $160 including the S4 kit so is not that bad...

Looks like I'll finally be able to start to practice scratch without that thought of breaking the xfader.

Anyone here already made the mod?
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Tech Guru

That looks promising but not sure I have the gonads to tear apart my S4!!

A howto video would be awesome to have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast