Fx automation and sample sequencing inside of Traktor (not simple but possible)
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Fx automation and sample sequencing inside of Traktor (not simple but possible)

Last edited by Phi; 06-13-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Tech Guru

Damn.... Not bad for a random thought haha.

Not the type of ideas I get by walking around, but great!

Tech Mentor

I now have a .tsi of a virtual two-stroke engine that spins two 8bit gears and has perpetual motion via output feedback with an on/off knob.

I'm going to post the .tsi in a sec.

Tech Mentor

Last edited by Phi; 06-13-2012 at 05:04 PM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Keep walking man, this is interesting. Next step you map beat phase monitor to M3? So beat toggles modifier and reset the 0-7 sequence.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Keep walking man, this is interesting. Next step you map beat phase monitor to M3? So beat toggles modifier and reset the 0-7 sequence.
    Yup, if you want it to cycle in time with a beat just bring a beat phase monitor back to trigger M3.

the auto repeat is quite handy in traktor. just added in those controls and i have M2 auto incrementing when M3=0 and both M1 and M2 auto incrementing when M3=1. that's what u meant it to do?

ofc what we really need is to be able to feed an OUT back into a modifier which i posted in reply to one of your other posts i think. if you're going to use a midi loopback then you're only one step away from just using an external scripting language - which makes anything like this trivial ofc.

pretty fun map tho - i needed a break from my mundane work
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

Last edited by Phi; 06-13-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phi View Post
    If you remember that each time one of those numbers change, you can manipulate the output to set of chian-reactions then you start to see the use. Don't JUST see numbers, see gears rotating.
    if you include a Vmidi cable driver with your controler then this kind of automation can be built directly into Traktor .tsi THAT isn't possible with outside scripting languages.
    true - it could be quite useful, but my point is that if you're going to bother to setup virtual midi ports anyway and use an app to route them together then u may as well just use a full scripting language to do all of this and a whole heap more besides. i'm not saying it isn't very cool tho - because it is

ofc u can't build an external scripting language *into* the tsi - that's a given - but u can do sooooo much more stuff with an external app like bomes or midimasher.

for most people using any kind of virtual midi ports is one step too far anyway - i can understand that.

i don't have any logic at all in my tsi's - just everything mapped that i need to manipulate from midimasher and then config code in midimasher that maps onto the midi assigned in that tsi.

ofc if traktor just added the option to alter modifier states from internal actions (i.e: the out's) then u would be able to use your method to do this without any need for virtual midi ports or routing. maybe they'll add that option sometime anyway? would be very useful

you should try vdj pro if u want to have all this kind of logic within the dj app itself. vdjscript is pretty powerful... it shames traktor in comparison. must admit i do quite like traktor tho
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast