Traktor HID CDJ soundcard help
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor HID CDJ soundcard help

So im trying setup my new cdj setup with traktor and im having some issues with the soundcards.

Traktor 2.5 with cdj 900 and djm800. I downloaded all proper cdj drivers and the cdj ASIO utility.

Using HID just to get music from laptop to cdjs, then external routing out to mixer. If i use the Pioneer CDJ ASIO as the soundcard in traktor deck A works fine but Deck B is pure fuzz/noise. Can barely make out the kick drum tones. tried new cables. no issues. Thought maybe soundcard was bad but i swap with deck a and it works fine.

doing some reading it sounds like traktor doesnt like seeing 2 soundcards?

If i select 1 cdj as the sound card, both deck work fine but obviously only going thru one cdj and into one channel, so that cant work.

Anyone else had this issue? on pioneers site theres aggregator info for macs.

PC it seems to just say use the Pioneer CDJ Utility/aggregator which i downloaded and is not working. Just pure fuzz on the second deck/soundcard.

Ive tried using ASIO4ALL as well and setting up each CDJ as a sound card. When i do that, i get some odd outputs to select from in Traktor.
    1. Pioneer CDJ1
    2. Pioneer CDJ2
    3. Pioneer CDJ1
    4. Pioneer CDJ2

Clicking around and setting 1 on A and 2 on B i get sound for each deck/channel on the mixer. but the asio4all just keeps cutting in and out. tried changing latency with no luck. I get sound on each deck but slight fuzz and with the asio4all like clipping it just cuts in and out( i can see the asio4all icon at the bottom going green and red as well when its cutting on and off). And if deck A is playing, channel B on the mixers volume will show volume of deck A also while playing, almost like a mic is picking up the sound and feeding into the opposite channel.

Confused as to where this is all getting messed up. Not a newbie to traktor, but hoping maybe its something easy ive missed. any help is greatly appreciated. Anyone with same setup?

Thanks in advance!

Tech Mentor

You need to update to a newer version of Traktor, just do it via Service Centre.

Tech Mentor

says only 2.5.1,which i have, is needed or higher.

id prefer to not upgrade. heard of cpu issues with upgrading sometimes with pc. I have enough cpu load when i stream video and audio when i play and with having a gig this weekend id prefer to not possibley F up my traktor right before.

Running each cdj soundcard individually it works fine. Guess ill try reinstalling the driver.

Tech Mentor

Yes, true. It was the 850's that got support in 2.6* not 900's. Regardless, 2.5 is an old version, before doing anything else it woud make sense to update to the current version.

I agree, I never update before playing out, generally update on a Monday, but 2.6 has been more stable than any previous version (for me).

Tech Mentor

i just fear of screwing my traktor up and getting load issues right before a important gig this weekend. Just hoping its something else that needs a fix seeing as the cdj integration has been setup before 2.6 update was made. Do greatly appreciate your reply. will consider update if nothing else i can try fixes it.

Tech Mentor

Is is a MBP or laptop? I used to get asio problems on a laptop before I switched. This is not a mac v windows post, it just might help someone who has had the same problem to give advice on your issue if they know what your set up is.

Forgetting HID for a minute, have you tried timecode cd's? Might help define if its a HID or asio issue.

Tech Mentor

2011 HP PC windows 7 64bit.

Its not a HID issue as i was running the cdjs in HID and using my S2 i had as the mixer/soundcard with no issues. But now that Ive got the djm mixer when im trying to route external im getting this issue.

Thanks!

Tech Wizard

You can run multiple Traktor versions on your computer. Just backup your current Traktor.exe and install the new version.

Tech Mentor

after consulting a buddy with some cdjs using hid finally figured it out. he told me to take deck b off the hub and go into comp and now it works.

guess some issue with running that much audio over usb causes the fuzz. works in the CDJ Agg/Utility ASIO soundcard.