Midi Keyboard Concept...
    Tech Wizard

Default Midi Keyboard Concept...

Has anyone ever heard of or came across a Midi Keyboard with visual display on the keys?

This is what im thinking, the keys on the keyboard will display a message, such as loop length? effect on/off? reset all knobs? Anything really. Its just a concept and wishful thinking and the keyboard would probably have to be linked to certain software. It will look pretty cool, better than writing on your keys to remember what each of them does.

Just and idea, anyone else have any crazy concept ideas?

Tech Guru

i love that idea! like if you could program each key to display what you want... yeah you've got something there man!

I definitely think the future of controllers needs to utilize LCD screens in a creative way that enhances the experience for djs/controllerists. It just makes sense because we're usually looking down at the controllers to see what we're doing, but then we always have to look back at our monitors, and then back down at the controller and so on...

Tech Mentor

my novation 25 remoteSL does that... but not for every key! just for the knobs faders and buttons...

what i would really like is some medium between touch screen/information output screen and physical knobs and faders. think of a vci but instead of the buttons it had a touch screen surface which you could then assign whatever you want to, as well as have it output labels to which you could also assign. or think of a lemur with phyiscal jogwheels, faders and knobs stuck right on top of the touch screen. now that is something i would drop some serious skrill on.

Tech Guru

^ I would like to see a hybrid style controller that features a robust decent sized Dj Platter (or 2, or 4) for scratching, Customizable Touchscreen (like Lemur),Keys, Pads, Buttons, LOTS of Knobs/Faders as well as a large programmable LCD screen for viewing portions of the Software GUI ie Traktor Playlist/Browser and Waveform. I imagine the size of a machine like this would be comparable with large keyboard workstation so wouldn't be as easy to lug around as current controller models, but it would be worth it because you'd only need one controller.
    Last edited by wrong chris; 09-24-2009 at 05:08 PM.

Tech Mentor

that would be neat and seriously I guess that touch screens are bound to drop in price soon.
    Recently a friend offered me one for free (from an old cash machine) but unluckily I just don`t have time for that kind of toying around (needed a bit of mod to work as an external monitor) but it sure was a signal that the technique has been around long enough.

Tech Mentor

Default *choices abound*