DJ Mixer Help

Thread: DJ Mixer Help

Tech Student

Default DJ Mixer Help

HI

I'm in the market for a new mixer as mine has just died. my set up is..

Traktor Scratch pro 2 + Audio 10
    2 x Technics 1200 + timecodes
    1x F1
    1x X1

I'm torn between the digital Xone db2 & analogue Xone 92. my uncertainties are...

By using my Audio 10 for routing, do i lose the fx functions on the DB2? and am i still able to use timecodes with it as i understand Allen & heath are not Traktor certified? also by purchasing the DB2 am i being overkill?

i'm assuming i will have no problems what so ever with the 92 but will lack in the effects department?

any help you can give will be widely appreciated.

Tech Guru

If you use the audio 10, you will not lose the ability to use the db2's fx. The shame of buying the db2 is that it already has its own high quality sound card, but if you eliminate using the audio 10 sound card you lose the ability of using timecode. Xone 92 has a 4-band EQ that I think is awesome.....I value a great EQ and filter more than I value fx.

I have your EXACT setup and I got the DB2. You can find them at a relatively good price now (still not cheap), and you actually will have extra routing options by having the A10. You will have access to Traktor effects and the effects on the DB2. You can route the turntables (if you use real vinyl) into Traktor through the A10, or straight into the DB2. I also love how the DB2 can "read" the BPM of incoming audio for beat-synced effects (no effects on 92).

The DB2 is not Traktor Scratch certified, but there are workarounds (which we won't discuss here). But, honestly, I don't think having both is redundant if you can afford it. I love the combo.