Ill Gates Volume faders in Live 9
    Tech Convert

Default Ill Gates Volume faders in Live 9

Hello People,

I've just bought Ableton Live 9 and at present this seems to have wrecked my Ill Gates Live 8 DJ template. I was aware there would be issues but couldn't hold back on Live 9 any longer.

What I'm really after is the smooth Smart Mix Up Faders (Filter While Modifying Volume) from the 8 template but I'm not sure what I should be extracting and mapping to what - I can send a screen grab later but it seems like some kind of bandpass filter with eq 8.

Has anyone else managed to adapt these into a live 9 template?

Cheers,

Mark

I have been in contact with Dylan and we should see the Ill.g 9 template soon. Plus an ohm RGB template. Stay tuned!

Tech Convert

Nice one William.

TBH I would like to know how to deconstruct the template to better understand how everything works. I can also then build my own adapted template (I want to run traktor into Ableton and then side chain the traktor audio for playing Ableton stuff over the top - like Mad Zacs feature a little while back) - something else I shall be asking about!

Bring on Ill Gates Live 9 templates though - I cannot wait for the dj and producer templates - bet they will be super sick!

Side Chaining is a funny thing. Are you CERTAIN that side chaining is what you want to be able to do? There are some really useful applications for side chaining - but it get's pretty complicated.

Basically, side chaining modulates effects based on the audio input from a specified (not necessarily main) channel/source. Side chain compression is a good example - where the level of compression is dictated by audio from a specific track (very often, the kick drum will control the amount of compression on a bass line).

Damn - I've lost myself again. Where the hell was I?????
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

Alright Patch,

I'm with you - it doesn't take long to get lost in this game

This is what inspired me:

http://www.djtechtools.com/2012/09/3...eton-together/

I was hoping to set up a similar template in live 9 - it would be one lap top though with either a simple x1 or k2 traktor control set up. Traktor running into ableton and parts of ableton midi mapped to my xone db4. Haven't tried how far the db4 can be mapped yet, that's another story......

So side chaining traktor audio for the scenarios in the link is what I;m really after right now - can you help give me a rough setup guide?

Thanks

Tech Convert

My studio template transferred fine but now my apc40 won't sync up right only the drum bus fader works