Traktor x1 mk2 loop in and out controls?
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor x1 mk2 loop in and out controls?

Hi I just got the new x1 mk2 and noticed you can't manipulate in and out points of loops which is such a downer! But I had the idea to incorporate the use of the touchstrips since the loop encoders are touch sensitive.

Bscly I want the controller to do this: when I touch the loop encoder and tap on the left side of the touchstrip it should set a loop in point, and right side of touch strip loop out point. When the loop is active In and out points can be moved by holding the encoder and swiping the respective side of the strip.

I tried to do this but I noticed I can't really map the strip in NHL mode is that correct?

Tech Mentor

Okay is nobody interested in this? I went ahead and made my own mapping which works nicely!

you can grab it here: https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/2014

to activate the loop controls, simply touch one of the loop encoders and the hotcue buttons 1 and 2 will light up in green, meaning you can now edit the loop in and out points just like on the old X1 as long as you keep the button pressed.

I would really appreciate some feedback and constructive criticism on what could be improved!