Internship!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internship!

Default Internship!

Hey, I followed the advice from "Hot To Be A Successful DJ pt1" and e-mailed my favorite local DJ and got an Internship! The only thing is I don't know where to go from there. The DJ is currently on tour in Tokyo, but will be back in October. He asked me "between now and then think about what you'd like to get out of an internship with me and what you think you could do to help me out in exchange". What should I be expected to do for him, what should I ask for, where is going too far with this relationship? Any help will be great, thanks.

I would plan on carrying gear, helping set up so you can learn the PA inputs, and asking lots of questions(just not while in the mix of course). And tear it down. In return you should just keep an open mind, and try not to mimic everything he does, but rather watch and learn. Basically you got free reign to trainspot, just dont be a bugaboo.

On top of what JeRK said:

Id also offer to search forums/blogs/ for him to help keep him up to date on what people are finding hot.
    Finding the keys of his music collection - with MIK or Rapid Evolution.
    Helping to get the gain\adjust the dynamics of his music collection equal using Platinum notes - then keeping these both up to date as he acquires more tracks.
    Offer to contact labels for him to try to get more pre-releases from labels.

So how do I get a hold of MIK, Rapid Evolution, and Platinum notes? Are they free downloads or is it software I have to order>

MIK and Platinum notes are software you have to pay for

Rapid Evolution is free

Just google them, you can purcahse and download them off the net

MIK/Platinum Notes: absolute magic and highly recommended! http://www.mixedinkey.com/
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Only just recently picked up a copy of Platinum Notes, there was much umming and arrring as i am not sure if i totally trust what its going to do to my files - gonna give it a test shot at any rate and see how it works out for me

Monika seems to really like it and i personally trust her opinion, but in the end you need to trust your own Ears - so i am giving it a shot and seeing how it works out for me.

Tech Guru

^yes please let us know how it works for you. I'm really interested in this software... a little leary about it though, so it'd be nice to hear your opinion.

I'm still undecided about Platinum Notes too, even though I've had it for about 3 months now. Some songs it works wonders, some hardly noticable, some actually sound worse (for me at least). So I don't just want to dump all my songs in there and hope it comes out ok. I want to double check myself afterwards.

The biggest thing holding me back is time. Theres no easy workflow to integrate it with iTunes music, you have to manually go in and delete the originals, that takes a while.

So once you edit a song with Platinum Notes there is no way of keeping an original file? Because if you can keep both the original and the edited version, what's stopping you from just throwing in your whole collection?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast