Is it a bad idea to play "free download" tracks on a big system ? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45
  1. #31
    Tech Guru MyUsername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJLiteral View Post
    Check the quality of the track. 320 mp3s work well, though some people release free wavs no worries there at all .
    I don't know man, I'd play a 320 with solid mastering over a .WAV with poor EQ and compression any day.
    Do you even produce M8 ?

  2. #32
    Tech Guru Polygon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A salt mine in Michigan
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MyUsername View Post
    I don't know man, I'd play a 320 with solid mastering over a .WAV with poor EQ and compression any day.
    Do you even produce M8 ?
    Qwestjon iz, doz he evn compres bro? I men his hunney ratio must be looooow
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

  3. #33
    Tech Guru Cook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    Qwestjon iz, doz he evn compres bro? I men his hunney ratio must be looooow
    i laughed a hell of a lot more than i should have there
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

  4. #34
    Tech Guru johney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    706

    Default

    yes you did, it was more cringe than laugh worthy

  5. #35
    Tech Guru Polygon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A salt mine in Michigan
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johney View Post
    yes you did, it was more cringe than laugh worthy
    y u do dis 2me
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

  6. #36
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern OR
    Posts
    113

    Default

    So I heard from a guy that he routes his audio from traktor to ableton and he adds the sausage fattener vst on the master channel to get a punchier output....I've never tried that I don't know if it will really make a difference, does anyone have done that?
    Macbook Pro 15' - Kontrol S4 - MF Pro Beatmasher - NI Maschine- Korg Nano Kontrol - Akai MPK Mini- Champagne Bottles

  7. #37
    Tech Guru 031999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,339

    Default

    Please don't do that. That's not what the sausage fattner is made for. It is an overdrive and distortion plug in, putting that over your whole mix is a recipe for disaster.

  8. #38
    Tech Guru MyUsername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aGhost View Post
    So I heard from a guy that he routes his audio from traktor to ableton and he adds the sausage fattener vst on the master channel to get a punchier output....I've never tried that I don't know if it will really make a difference, does anyone have done that?
    Wow that sounds like a bad idea.

  9. #39
    Tech Guru johney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    706

    Default

    100% legit advice

  10. #40
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Nah, I'll start producing soon though. I learned music a lot more when I was younger, private lessons, learned a few instruments, took vocals, some music theory. I know my way around most DAWs so I'll probably have decent luck with that.

    But to the point, just trust your ears. There's no generalized "yes or no" answer.
    2012 15" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: 2 Tech 1210s + Dicers :: Traktor Kontrol Z2 :: DJM400 :: Traktor Pro 2.6 :: Serato Scratch Live + Serato Video

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •