Reloop RP-8000 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reloop RP-8000

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    The button layout is perfect if you use your mixers in battle mode lol.

I've never actually seen a dj use "mix" layout, every dj I've ever seen uses battle mode (that'll be over 100 different djs)...

Quote Originally Posted by dayvue View Post
    I've never actually seen a dj use "mix" layout, every dj I've ever seen uses battle mode (that'll be over 100 different djs)...
    Really? I use mix layout, for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by dayvue View Post
    Said the man that came from the land of hip hop.

But damn this looks cool, the price is just a little steep. And the keypad looks awseome too, but I'd like it more without the drumpads so that it's a smaller unit.

Tech Guru

Although i'm stoked on these new turntables I feel that it may be too late for this. The ideal time for this product would've been within a couple years of DVS being introduced. It's a great idea but there are already so many substitutes on the market (Dicers, X1, midi capable mixers: 57SL, 61, 62, Z2.)

Also Reloop stuff is especially hard to come by in Canada so I can only imagine how much it would end up costing for a pair after shipping, duty, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MyUsername View Post
    Said the man that came from the land of hip hop.
    +1.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by MyUsername View Post
    And the keypad looks awseome too, but I'd like it more without the drumpads so that it's a smaller unit.
    Check out the Keyfadr

http://www.reloop.com/reloop-keyfadr
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Chord and scale mode. That's bananas. Now technology doesn't just do all the dj mixing for you, it makes the tunes for you too.

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    From a purely technical point of view, these are currently the best turntables on the market. I had a bit more of a play with them today, and you CANNOT stop the platter moving by pressing down on the slipmat. Just keeps turning at no less than 50% of the normal speed, and I was pressing HARD. You can stop the platter using the edge, but again it requires a HARD press. If you turn the torque adjustment right down to minimum, which is the same amount as 1200s, it stops with a moderate touch of the edge.
    Thats pretty neat and all, but torque isn't really a catch all end all for tables. 1200s are sitting at around 1.7kg of torque (the "low" setting for adjustable Numarks), and we've been scratching on them just fine for decades. The issue with torque is that it almost invariably leads to huge amounts of drift, ala Numark tables.

A turntable that bills itself on "X-TREME TORQUE" might end up borderline useless, because it has more torque than anyone needs for scratching, and way too much drift to mix with better than 1200s.

tl,dr: Nobody buys professional products based on specs, I wish China would realize that. "Cheap quality" does not need to be the pipe dream it seems to be becoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    Thats pretty neat and all, but torque isn't really a catch all end all for tables. 1200s are sitting at around 1.7kg of torque (the "low" setting for adjustable Numarks), and we've been scratching on them just fine for decades. The issue with torque is that it almost invariably leads to huge amounts of drift, ala Numark tables.

A turntable that bills itself on "X-TREME TORQUE" might end up borderline useless, because it has more torque than anyone needs for scratching, and way too much drift to mix with better than 1200s.

tl,dr: Nobody buys professional products based on specs, I wish China would realize that. "Cheap quality" does not need to be the pipe dream it seems to be becoming.
    Don't forget that they ARE adjustable, so you can tailor them to your individual preferences; think of them as a perfect hybrid of 1200s and the TTXes, and you get the idea. Things like the adjustable brake are a godsend, because the LCD panel tells you exactly what the knob is set to, so lets say you play a lot of 110bpm stuff, and you want the turntable to come to a halt in 16 bars time of "normal speed" if you stop it 4 bars from the end, by remembering what setting you need to use you can adjust it and replicate that every single time. Bit of a specific example, but yeah lol.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Mentor

A deal breaker for turntablists might be that apparently the sound cuts off when the deck is powered off.

I think it's awesome that Reloop is still investing in turntables, but these just don't seem practical. The features are already offered in smaller units like the F1 and dicers, or are implemented in the mixers themselves. If your workflow is dependent on these decks, you have to haul them out with out to the party. I'm not doing that in 2013. Like a lot of new products you see, they're great for the bedroom, but not much else and they're really expensive.

A couple of the new Reloop controllers look like big wins though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast