Reloop RP-8000 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Reloop RP-8000

Tech Convert

i would rather get a pair of technics

I think this ttable in battle mode will be a BEAST...IDK how much it'll be though...
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Quote Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL View Post
    I think this ttable in battle mode will be a BEAST...IDK how much it'll be though...
    Over $800, supposedly.

I'll stick with my technics then
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

While I think the RP-8000 is generally awesome, it's a bit of a niche product. If it is indeed $800 that's the price I paid for both of my Str8-150's brand new. For people like me already invested into traktor software and NI hardware, these wouldn't give the Traktor integration and visual feedback I've been spoiled by with the z2 and f1. Also with SSL on the road to becoming a legacy product with the SDJ update, this would make me think that Reloop would have at least announced if this will have future provided SDJ mappings(even though I'm sure it will). It just seems like it was released at a very odd time. It seems like this should have been released by somebody ages ago. Without as tight of traktor integration as a lot of modular controllers are offering for cheaper, this doesn't seem like enough to convert current Traktor dvs users or even those looking to get into it. On the serato side it is just awkward timing with serato shifting gears from SSL to SDJ. (I know there's lots of other dj software out there, but these are the to most commonly used for dvs) These would have been a game changer if it included a way to load timecode signal tracks for various software via flash drive for dvs control like cdjs (I can dream cant I?)
    Samsung Ativ Book 8 15.6” i7-3635QM | Z2 | F1 | X1 | A6 | 2 x Str8-150 | TMA-1 | TSP
    KRK Rockit Gen 2 6 | Focusrite Saffire 6 | Ableton Push | Alesis V49 | TMA-1 Studio | Ableton Live 9
    http://www.soundcloud.com/kid-quest

I would imagine that you'll see integration with Serato DJ when the DVS is unlocked. As someone mentioned, Reloop & Serato are pretty tight so they probably thought about that.

The direct drive motor has digital pitch correction and there is very very little wow and flutter so no real track drift and the 0.02% pitch resolution is almost analogue quality. This is the main difference with the OEM decks. It will also be available as the RP-7000, which has the same motor etc but just no MIDI or LCD display.

No real concern with the unit losing signal when you switch off as the start/stop adjust allows for brake effects. The switch is recessed anyway so you don't knock it by mistake.

Price in the UK will be £585.

Do you know if you can use the brake adjust to set the brake to ZERO to allow for a proper, normal "wind down"?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Also - I wish they hadn't done it in a piano black finish.......
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

$933.95 for one TT? Or $650 for 1200's and dicers? Or $800 for 1200's and an X1 or F1? Or $1300 for 1200's and a Z2?

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Do you know if you can use the brake adjust to set the brake to ZERO to allow for a proper, normal "wind down"?
    As far as I know, with the brake knob at its minimum it's the same as killing the power to the motor completely; it's marked as 6s which looks - from memory - to be the same as powering off a 1200.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234