Just spit balling here but what if there were a DJTT school... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Problem with beginner/learning forums is that the traffic from experienced members is usually pretty low. Just something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by dayvue View Post
    Problem with beginner/learning forums is that the traffic from experienced members is usually pretty low. Just something to consider.
    I'd rock that shit all day long. And moderate it too.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Same, always willing to help new/inexperienced members!!
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

I have been looking for a reason to make more Instructional videos. This would be perfect.

You know what they say, those that can, do. Those that can't, teach...

...I'm much better at teaching DJ'ing than actually Dj'ing...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Qbert offers really affordable and solid turntablism classes, it would be cool to have something like that for controllerism offered through djtt
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Quote Originally Posted by dayvue View Post
    This remark is spot on.

And it is what usually comes back every cycle of time. (Average of 2 to 3 years)

We have been talking about it behind the scenes every now and then, but we always come to the conclusion that we will try to make do with the way the forum is now.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

That's a real shame. I think a beginners forum would stop some of the flame wars and ass hole comments that pop up when somebody new wants an answer. With a beginner forum, it might be easier for a newb to find the answer to his "what controller should I buy" if there was a quick and easy place to check.

There doesn't need to be a lot of regulars attention to the forum either, only those that are wanting to help out. I've seen threads past in regards to a beginners forum, and as you said tekki, it always ends up with keeping it the way it is. Maybe the fact that it keeps coming up should be an indicator that it's wanted by the community. It would sure keep general discussion cleaner than it is now.

Either way, the you mods do a good job here, and the community's is generally helpful, I just think it would help out some.

/rant.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Mentor

I don't know if y'all are big on Reddit, but the responses in r/djs vs r/beatmatch is pretty telling IMO. On the other hand, the community here at DJTT is better, so that may make a difference.

Tech Mentor

You'll always find the best and the worst kinds of people on forums, however, making a forum would be good where noobs can feel somewhat insulated from the polarised battle lines that await us all once we've gained a clue or 2.

That way, those that want to help can, those that want to be difficult can be removed and the forum looks like an inviting place. you already have a collection of videos that djtt/ean/mad zach have done, expand on those, fill the top 1/2 of the forum with stickies explaining what's going on in the videos to pre-empt most of the FAQ stuff and let the community build itself. You never know, encouraging people to get on with their hobby might just spawn a community of people that are just happy to help each other and the forum becomes self sustaining.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast