Just spit balling here but what if there were a DJTT school... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    This remark is spot on.

And it is what usually comes back every cycle of time. (Average of 2 to 3 years)

We have been talking about it behind the scenes every now and then, but we always come to the conclusion that we will try to make do with the way the forum is now.
    To be honest, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

There are a LOT of "experienced" members (ie, those with the post counts in the hundreds or thousands) who don't tend to actually help people at all, just give their own extreme opinions without taking into consideration what the OP of a topic actually WANTS. Personally, I quite like helping beginners but the way things are at the moment, with everyone asking for help in general which is where EVERYONE spends most of their time, it's basically like pissing into the wind.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

I think it should be nothing but video tutorials and articles to read. With ONE heavily moderated questions only sub forum.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    That's a real shame. I think a beginners forum would stop some of the flame wars and ass hole comments that pop up when somebody new wants an answer. With a beginner forum, it might be easier for a newb to find the answer to his "what controller should I buy" if there was a quick and easy place to check.
    Newbs will just post their question, be it on a newb or non newb forum.
    I have even found these things in the strangest forums, e.g. 'Site Question and Feedback'. They will be posting cause "it is quicker to post, than to search".

There doesn't need to be a lot of regulars attention to the forum either, only those that are wanting to help out. I've seen threads past in regards to a beginners forum, and as you said tekki, it always ends up with keeping it the way it is. Maybe the fact that it keeps coming up should be an indicator that it's wanted by the community. It would sure keep general discussion cleaner than it is now.
    Sorry I don't see the need to create it increase. People sometimes have great difficulty finding the proper forum to post to already, so we don't want to make it even more difficult.

Either way, the you mods do a good job here, and the community's is generally helpful, I just think it would help out some.

/rant.
    Thanks and even though I am not agreeing with you on this one, your feedback is much appreciated!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

As a new forum user I feel I'm in a unique position to give a perspective here and now, it's quite difficult to just follow threads on the forums, there are a lot of dead links to forum posts in the older posts, the posts exist just the numbers are wrong, and only really helpful if the post title was posted along with the link so you've got something to search for.

I'm sure there is a load more good information on here but who wants to trawl through dead links and the search facility to find the information they need?

clearly me :-D But how many others will just ask the same questions in a new post?

Tekki, totally understandable, thanks for your ear. We can chat about this next year when it comes up again

Thanks again.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    I think it should be nothing but video tutorials and articles to read. With ONE heavily moderated questions only sub forum.
    This would even help. Perhaps I can do it in a thread that gets stickied. But DJTT ALREADY has a ton of videos with no easy library to even look at this. You have to use the search feature on the blog to find it, and even then you need to know what you are searching for. Sure a forum would be nice, then they can ask all the noob questions they want. But that can remain in general for now. I'm talking about ALL the content that DJTT makes should at the very least be archived, categorized, and easily accessible. A sticky is I suppose the bare minimum, but it should be its own section on DJTT to be honest.

If you look under the blog tab it is there hidden under the stuff, but the post aren't even categorized well or easily visible. It really needs to be expanded upon much more.

I would hope ultimately it could turn into the same forum as the midimaps with content and voting.
    Last edited by guiltyblade; 09-17-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by guiltyblade View Post
    This would even help. Perhaps I can do it in a thread that gets stickied. But DJTT ALREADY has a ton of videos with no easy library to even look at this. You have to use the search feature on the blog to find it, and even then you need to know what you are searching for. Sure a forum would be nice, then they can ask all the noob questions they want. But that can remain in general for now. I'm talking about ALL the content that DJTT makes should at the very least be archived, categorized, and easily accessible. A sticky is I suppose the bare minimum, but it should be its own section on DJTT to be honest.

If you look under the blog tab it is there hidden under the stuff, but the post aren't even categorized well or easily visible. It really needs to be expanded upon much more.

I would hope ultimately it could turn into the same forum as the midimaps with content and voting.
    a sticky can't be organized like a sub forum with multiple stickies and threads...

this has me motivated to make a video tutorial about something...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    If DJTT starts a DJ school, I'll give classes on how to either win or bring arguments to a stalemate on internet forums.
    i love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Tekki, totally understandable, thanks for your ear. We can chat about this next year when it comes up again

Thanks again.

Next year?! I was thinking next month?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Could be next week
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123