Mixtrack Pro II vs. Kontrol S2
    Tech Convert

Default Mixtrack Pro II vs. Kontrol S2

Hi, I'm sorry to start up a familiar debate (I've been researching the forum for the past day), but does anyone know the MAIN differences between a Mixtrack Pro II and a Traktor Kontrol S2?

Can you play samples on the S2 like the drumpad on the Mixtrack Pro?

If I'm not mistaken, you can map Traktor fine to the Mixtrack Pro, right?

Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by alfa001; 09-15-2013 at 07:21 AM.

Tech Wizard

traktor kontrol s2 is made to work with traktor and comes with traktor pro 2, mixtrack pro 2 is either a serato dj, or virtual dj controller. In my opininion no comparison virtual dj and traktor. The traktor s2 is 1000 times better then the mixtrack pro 2. Much better sound quality, it controls about all aspects of traktor. Just way more you can do with the s2.
    Oh yea mixtrack pro 2 only comes with lite versions of either serato or vdj as well. Very limited editions. If you wait 2 weeks for the traktor s2 mk2 version it will also be able to control traktor dj on an ipad. Better loop control, you can control your sample/remix decks with the s2.
    Here is a video of the new traktor s2...
    Last edited by djtsmooth; 09-16-2013 at 10:39 PM.

Traktor s2 have the traktor software bundled. the mixtrack pro II you still have to purchase the traktor software. sound card is also different.

sure you can map the mixtrack as there are already some of them floating around the net.

the s2 do have buttons for the samples, but its not drum pads like on the numark.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Tech Convert

Thanks a lot for the advice guys. Last question - should I buy a Kontrol S2 now or wait until the new one comes out? do you think it'll get any cheaper than the $400/£252 it is right now?