MIDI controller flabby/loose knobs?

Default MIDI controller flabby/loose knobs?

Hello! I use my Mixtrack Pro for about just 3 months, but i just noticed that some knobs and fader are very loose or flabby. I'm afraid, but is it a serious problem with controller? Can those knobs break out, or can it be fixed?

Thanks for reply!
    MY EQUIPMENT SO FAR (kinda sucks, but i'm beginner):
    | Mixtrack Pro | Korg Nanopad2 | TouchOSC Tab. | Lexicon Lambda | Yamaha MM6 synth (for rocking with FL Studio) |

that is really how the mixtrack is designed. I should last about a year before it breaks if your not gentle. this is why things like build quality matter to people who have been djing a while. Best advice I can give is upgrade to a VCI-400 if you like to get rough with your gear, everything is bolted to the chassis not just soldered to the circuit board.

In answer to your question, the knobs and sliders shouldn't break off the circuit board, but you can have issues with the electrical contacts in your sliders becoming worn. Generally this will send ghost midi messages to your software at the top and bottom position of the slider depending on which end you give the most abuse. I have never had any issues with knobs sending ghost messages.

You should still have a warranty left if you have only used it for three months though, I would send it back and get another one.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    that is really how the mixtrack is designed. I should last about a year before it breaks if your not gentle. this is why things like build quality matter to people who have been djing a while. Best advice I can give is upgrade to a VCI-400 if you like to get rough with your gear, everything is bolted to the chassis not just soldered to the circuit board.

In answer to your question, the knobs and sliders shouldn't break off the circuit board, but you can have issues with the electrical contacts in your sliders becoming worn. Generally this will send ghost midi messages to your software at the top and bottom position of the slider depending on which end you give the most abuse. I have never had any issues with knobs sending ghost messages.

You should still have a warranty left if you have only used it for three months though, I would send it back and get another one.
    Thanks! Mixtrack Pro isn't sending ghost messages yet, but looks like in future there will be. Yes, thats good idea to send it to a warranty, but i have lost 2 original Pitch Bend faders, and i'm using now Chroma Caps to replace those 2. Don't know what to do.
    MY EQUIPMENT SO FAR (kinda sucks, but i'm beginner):
    | Mixtrack Pro | Korg Nanopad2 | TouchOSC Tab. | Lexicon Lambda | Yamaha MM6 synth (for rocking with FL Studio) |