The Allen and Heath DJ Mixer ID thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I've currently got an original Mk1 Xone:464 ... it had Master "Faders" instead of the Master "Pots" (yes, there are a pair of stereo Masters). There was also a Xone:62 with a Master "Fader" but I don't have one of these. From what I gather these 2 models were the first that A&H made. The silver pictures of the 464 & 62 above are the Xone2:464 and Xone2:62.

I also have the one of the first 3 Xone:92's to get to Australia. The Importer kept 1 for trade shows till good stocks arrived, a shop in Sydney got one and so did I (I work in a shop in Melbourne). I still use it each week, an awesome mixer!

I also had a Xone:4D but it was all Silver ... sold it before I got stuck into controllers properly, looking back at it now it was probably the best mixer that I have ever had and would suit me perfectly these days ... I now use my 92 and a pair of X1's with Traktor.

Quote Originally Posted by DarioJ View Post
    The digital-geek side of me is hoping that A&H will release a nice update for the DB series :crossing fingers: before the end of the year.
    I got a DB2 a few months ago and I love it. What do you mean when you say 'update'? The firmware/OS, or the actual hardware?

Tech Wizard

I'm guessing the firmware/OS.

Quote Originally Posted by frankle View Post
    I've currently got an original Mk1 Xone:464 ... it had Master "Faders" instead of the Master "Pots" (yes, there are a pair of stereo Masters). There was also a Xone:62 with a Master "Fader" but I don't have one of these. From what I gather these 2 models were the first that A&H made. The silver pictures of the 464 & 62 above are the Xone2:464 and Xone2:62.

I also have the one of the first 3 Xone:92's to get to Australia. The Importer kept 1 for trade shows till good stocks arrived, a shop in Sydney got one and so did I (I work in a shop in Melbourne). I still use it each week, an awesome mixer!

I also had a Xone:4D but it was all Silver ... sold it before I got stuck into controllers properly, looking back at it now it was probably the best mixer that I have ever had and would suit me perfectly these days ... I now use my 92 and a pair of X1's with Traktor.
    Damm dude your like a member of A&H royalty!! Throw a few sweet pics on here!!

Tech Guru

That V6 is something else.. Quite sexy for it's time.

Have a DB4 here but unfortunately it had an accident and the channel A looper knob was knocked off (long story). Slowly over time my DB4 is having issues powering up and such due to what I think is something being grounded that shouldn't be. DB4 is going back for repair friday.

In the meantime a 92 is on the truck waiting for delivery so I am anxious to get back to 4 band eq's for a while!!

Nice thread 031999!

/Another xone fanboy

On a somewhat related note, any DB2/Mac owners have problems with audio dropouts? Allen & Heath supposedly released updated BETA drivers at the link below, but it just takes you to the older/buggy drivers. Anyone had any luck?

http://xoneblog.allen-heath.com/?p=3184

Also, @ DarioJ, you mentioned the "For Sale" section in relation to Xones. What trend were you noticing?

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    On a somewhat related note, any DB2/Mac owners have problems with audio dropouts? Allen & Heath supposedly released updated BETA drivers at the link below, but it just takes you to the older/buggy drivers. Anyone had any luck?

Also, @ DarioJ, you mentioned the "For Sale" section in relation to Xones. What trend were you noticing?
    Alot of DB4's and DB2's up for sale lately.

Not sure why though.

I got a DB2 a few months ago and I love it. What do you mean when you say 'update'? The firmware/OS, or the actual hardware?
    Quote Originally Posted by CKsoundmachine View Post
    I'm guessing the firmware/OS.
    You'd be correct. It's been 10 months since the last update. I understand that they want to release a good update, so patience is key.

There are a few DB series up for sale (3 in the past month), all at great prices though.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

This thread reminds me of the gear p0rn thread, what ever happened to that..
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

The Setup forum was created. Maybe we should start a new gear slut/lust thread. Wait, that's a horrible idea.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast