Traktor 1.2 Modifiers HELP!
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor 1.2 Modifiers HELP!

Has anyone figured out how to make the toggle modifiers work in traktor. Ean's old toggle modifier trick isn't working in 1.2

Any help?

Tech Guru

Could you explain a bit more about this? Aside from the modifiers now being limited to each logical controller, I am not aware of any changes that would cause any new limitations.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Mentor

I got it to work. Just had to fuss with it a little bit. So when it says logical controller it means one midi controller? Still a little confused as to what the difference is between logical controller and general midi controller? Or does this mean the same thing?

Tech Guru

Default Re: Traktor 1.2 Modifiers HELP!

its a bit confusing. general midi controller just means that yoi are mapping midi. you can select what midi comtrollers messages you actually want to see for each general midi mapping. this is why i called it a logical controller since this all effectivly allows you to work with multiple physcal controllers as if they would be one.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Mentor

So far the only way I've found to use toggle modifiers is to use a fader or rotary (basically something that sends CC messages and not NOTE msgs) but still define it as a button as soon as the fader moves you have modifier with the value you set, until you bring it back down to 0!

I really want to know how to use a button in toggle mode!

Z

Tech Mentor

Don't this this is exactly what you are looking 4 but check this post as well

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7407

Z

I made a toggle function for one button as follows:

modifier #1 button direct set to value 1 (when modifier 1 = 0)
    modifier #1 button direct set to value 0 (when modifier 1 = 1)

Sounds logical and it kinda is, but a toggle function would be logical too, as most of us only use the modifier as a bit value (0/1)
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9