so i am a little scared to update to Traktor 1.2

Default so i am a little scared to update to Traktor 1.2

Ok, so my next gig isn't until next week in UK, so i have about a week to sit at home and play with the new traktor incase i need to set new stuff up. Out of curiosity, how much stuff am i going to have to redo when i import my old TSI file? I use one Xone:1D with my macbook pro (not the new model), and i am on 10.5.8. Should i do it? Upgrade or wait till i have more time?

cheers,
    Lance

Install it and give it a shot, back up your collection files and .TSI files to a backup folder - if you dont like it or it crashs on you then you can always reinstall Traktor 1.1.2. Or just wait till a period where you dont have a gig for a while then upgrade and see how you go - depending on how full on you mapping is your going to have more or less work to do, the more modifiers you have used the more work your going to have to do because it seems that the modifiers move over when you import the TSI file into the new version.

Tech Guru

yeah .. there are some issues in how TSI's are imported, like some controll types have gone away or rather are now set up slightly differently (for example there is no relative fader/knob anymore, instead you set it up as a fader/knob and then select relative mode inside the mapping). also TP 1.2 fixed some errors in how modifiers were handled for out messages, this causes some sloppy old mappings to start misbehaving.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Ok, Thanks guys! I think i may just go ahead and try it this weekend. I will report back with how i do.