trouble choosing software

Default trouble choosing software

So since i play at a lounge every friday and saturday i was thinking about changing from ableton to serato. I go down to guitar center to check out a ddj-sx and i see a twitch for 100 dollars used. I think what the hell its only a hundred and it will give me a feel for serato. So i download itch and i absolutely hate it. The software cant beatgrid for shit, the keylock sounds absolutely terrible and i hate the effects.

I like the feel of the ddj-sx but if serato dj is going to be like itch i would rather just save my money for 2 months and get some cdj2000s and a good mixer.

Ive never bought top end or pro equipment before so im kind of lost or feeling in the dark here. If any serato dj users or cdj2000 owners chime in i would really appreciate it.

What's the other choice? i can only see serato as your option. I think serato itch is now serato dj. so you should have downloaded the serato dj intro instead of the itch to have a feel of the serato dj. why not also try the demo versions of Traktor or Virtual DJ.

Its a matter or personal choice really. i had fun using traktor than serato because of the remix decks that's why i have stuck to it.

you can use the ddj sx with other programs other than serato.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

the other choice is rekordbox with some cdjs. i cant use serato dj yet because my good laptop crashed and im on the backup that cant run serato dj. so im waiting to get it back. ill give traktor and virtual dj a try.

i just dont want to spend a grand on a ddj-sx and then regret not saving and getting cdjs instead. this is my first time stepping up to more than a twitch or an apc40 so im just wondering what others would want to buy

if you could afford the cdjs, go for it. I'd buy a set in heartbeat if i had that kind of money.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Tech Guru

You can use the SX in any software, but it will only have basic MIDI control in software other than Serato DJ. It's more than enough for home practice though.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

if you're really worried about beatgridding just get traktor. It handles it WAY better than the CDJ2000s or nexus will.

Quote Originally Posted by littlemimus View Post
    So since i play at a lounge every friday and saturday i was thinking about changing from ableton to serato. I go down to guitar center to check out a ddj-sx and i see a twitch for 100 dollars used. I think what the hell its only a hundred and it will give me a feel for serato. So i download itch and i absolutely hate it. The software cant beatgrid for shit, the keylock sounds absolutely terrible and i hate the effects.

I like the feel of the ddj-sx but if serato dj is going to be like itch i would rather just save my money for 2 months and get some cdj2000s and a good mixer.

Ive never bought top end or pro equipment before so im kind of lost or feeling in the dark here. If any serato dj users or cdj2000 owners chime in i would really appreciate it.
    In my experience, itch is very similar to SDJ.
    BUT. Traktor is falling down, nothing new in the latest update, in the meantime serato made some huge steps in the FX department.
    So it's your choice.
    And yeah, keylock sounds like shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Mentor

Want to sell me that Twitch for the hundred you paid for it?

I use my Twitch with Traktor all the time, and it's great! Maybe you could try that

Mixcloud | Soundcloud | Facebook | Website(Dutch)

I mean, i would REALLY like to wake up and have boobs one day but there are reasons that just wouldnt work - Antifmradio

As Jayvee said. Get a mapping for Traktor and try out Traktor. Think youll enjoy it more =)