DJM-85- - Noise Effect. Damn that shit is LOUD!!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    As everyone has said it is too loud... and to use it on a channel that's not being used.

But basically once you decide that is it's use i actually love it! It's the sort of sound that needs it's own volume control in a way cause you want to bring volume up and down to create nice sweeps.

Us in combo with echo on the beat fx and too.

Agreed it'd be nice to turn it down in a setting or whatever but i actually like using it on it's own channel now.
    As previous users have stated, it seems to work best when used in an empty channel. One way I tend to use the white noise is to cut it in and out rhythmically while changing the frequency of the noise, resulting in a scratch-like sound. Ean did this in one of his videos with a white noise sample that was filtered/effected (he even talked about some newer mixers having the effect built in).

http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/11/1...e-in-a-dj-set/

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    This is why I'm getting the RMX-80
    And that's why I'm getting the Xone 92

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    And that's why I'm getting the Xone 92
    Haha :P Be careful with the weird channel cue buttons; they're sort of countersunk inside a plastic collar and need you to almost hook your finger into them to push them down. The DB2/4, uses a more normal arrangement but all the :*2s use the weird PFL button.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Mentor

If you do some research on it you'll see it's a far cry from the Behringer DJXes you might expect it to be; plus it's still not a cheap unit by any means, at £720 retail it's a serious chunk of cash for a mixer. Well worth it though; some features even the 900/2000 doesn't have
    Looks like a poor mans DJM 750 to me. But each to their own. What features are the 900/2000 missing then? I can think of a lot that the rmx is missing...
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Quote Originally Posted by xs2man View Post
    Looks like a poor mans DJM 750 to me. But each to their own. What features are the 900/2000 missing then? I can think of a lot that the rmx is missing...
    Adjustable EQ crossover frequencies, matrix routing, fully adjustable crossfader AND channel fader curves, FX selected using a rotary encoder (not a multi-position switch) which means that the available effects can be expanded and added to throughout its lifespan with firmware updates, powered USB hub, etc.

Don't get me wrong, there are lots of features that the 900 and 2000 have that the RMX doesn't, but vice-versa is also true. The closest Pioneer equivalent would be the 800, but again - it doesn't have those features that set the RMX apart.

I will agree that the omission of an audio interface is an ALMOST unforgivable oversight, but I'll be using mine with 4 Contours (one IE and 3 CEs) so I've got that part covered already.
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1

Tech Guru

Would you really be modifying your crossovers and fader curves? Surely you of all people would want to keep them standard given how much you like Traktor's internal mixer.

And unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't have matrix routing in the sense that matters (inputs) like the Xone DBs. One thing I didn't notice until now was the lower resolution VUs on the RMX.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

EQ crossover frequencies that aren't standard between mixers, making them a massive liability in any kind of install situation, something no Reloop product has, scratch settings nobody uses, FX selected using a rotary encoder (not a multi-position switch) which means absolutely nothing because the odds of the firmware even being able to be flashed are slim (no physical interface), and the odds of it being possible and supported are even lower, powered USB hub, etc.

Don't get me wrong, there are lots of features that the 900 and 2000 have that the RMX doesn't, like not falling apart after a year. The closest Pioneer equivalent would be the 800, but again - it isn't a knockoff Chinese consumer product, so equating it is useless.
    Fixed that for you

Professional audio equipment has never and will never be purchased based on features. Marketing departments waste so much money forgetting this, when they could spend that cash on better products...

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Would you really be modifying your crossovers and fader curves? Surely you of all people would want to keep them standard given how much you like Traktor's internal mixer.

And unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't have matrix routing in the sense that matters (inputs) like the Xone DBs. One thing I didn't notice until now was the lower resolution VUs on the RMX.
    You're discussing this with a shill, you're not getting an answer besides "Yeah, those products are great, but look how AWESOME this other stuff is!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    Fixed that for you
    So you're saying that a feature shouldn't be included in a DJ product because no other product would have the same features? If that was the case we'd all still be using the same gear we were 20 years ago. You can also flash the firmware via the USB port on the back, and MOST Reloop products to date have received multiple firmware updates; in the case of some products, multiple firmwares were even offered depending on HOW you want to use the device (2 deck, 4 deck, etc in the case of controllers).

And considering how EVERYONE who has reviewed it has said its one of the most well-built devices in terms of how solid the thing is, what on earth makes you think it'd fall apart after a year? Also, calling it a "knockoff Chinese" product is bullshit, considering how both Pioneer and A&H gear is both produced in factories in China (as is pretty much EVERY other product out there). Reloop are a German company, and as such their gear is designed in Germany and then construction is outsourced to Chinese factories the same way EVERY other company does it. As far as I know, they use Hanpin for a fair amount of their stuff, who also produce (at least) the second best DJ turntable model in history (the Super OEM decks). So to knock the quality of their manufacturing work is essentially insulting anyone who's ever owned a set of Stanton ST-150s, AT-LP120s or any of the other rebrands of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    You're discussing this with a shill, you're not getting an answer besides "Yeah, those products are great, but look how AWESOME this other stuff is!"
    Welcome to DJTT, people compare gear. Also, I'm technically not a "shill" as I'm not paid or compensated in any way by Reloop. We've worked together ONCE for this years' BPM and my support of them has been ongoing for years. I'm just a dedicated fan of their products, as are plenty of other people.

Anyway, I'm done arguing; all I will say is it might be worth actually TRYING a product before slagging it off and making assumptions. If you want a third party opinion, ask DJWorx, DDJT or any of the other reviewers who attended BPM this year what they thought of the RMX and you'll get the same feedback as I've given.

Tech Guru

I haven't checked all the models, but most of the high end Pioneer DJ gear is made in their own factory in Malaysia.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Dude.... just work both the filter knob (when you have Noise selected) and the fader onto which channel you are applying it. If you have 2 tracks playing in decks A & B (channels 1 & 2 on the DJM-850) hit the noise effect (with the filter knobs/color effect knobs all at 12'oclock on channels 1-4) and slowly rise the fader of channel 3 or 4 (your choice) and work the filter knob (right or left) to desired position. Not rocket science.

I had a DJM-850 but kept having audio drop out issues with it. Owned it from October of last year until about July this year, wound up trading that sucker in for a 900 nexus and haven't looked back since!

The DJM-850 was a great mixer, but again, it randomly would drop out audio for a few split seconds here and there (mine did at least, damn thing had a mind of its own!) especially if one was using Traktor and or using a device that required the built-in soundcard on the mixer.
    Last edited by trilla_shocka; 09-30-2013 at 02:10 PM.
    Soundcloud @ http://www.soundcloud.com/dj-sved
    Twitter @ https://twitter.com/djsved
    DJM 900 Nexus
    Two Traktor X1s

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast