new Macbook Air 2013 crashes everytime i connect NI audio interface. Help!

Default new Macbook Air 2013 crashes everytime i connect NI audio interface. Help!

I've tried to solve my Mac vs PC dilemma by recommending other djs to get Macbook airs for their Traktor after i saw many recommendations from users. It went better than expected with my friends and they love this setup. So i finaly managed to save up for my own macbook air...

and then this happened

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...8-is-Connected

this thread exactly describes my problem. I connect Audio 8 to my Macbook Air 2013, 2 seconds later freeze and one second later boom! white screen of death, press any key to restart.... bummer.

What strikes me though is the above mentioned thread? Im not gonna go buy something that is called usb powered hub i dont even need just to see it doesnt work. In the same respect im not giving much hope to NI support. What they gonna do after i tell them i dont want to hear: try using usb powered hub.

This is so obviously some kind of system error, and from what i've seen it seems usb 3.0 leads the cause.

Oh yes... i found one solution. if i shut down the mac and plug in ni audio device and boot up the mac, everything works.

at this point i dont even hope there is a fix soon, but if somebody heard a tip or might know whats going on, i would be very interested to see what is going on and what to do.

my system for all i care
    Macbook Air md760 mid 2013 model
    Processor 1.3 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics Intel HD Graphics 5000 1024 MB
    OS X 10.8.5 (12F37) - note, the problem was the same on 10.8.4 as well
    Audio 8 on latest drivers. (2.5.3)
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

"What strikes me though is the above mentioned thread? Im not gonna go buy something that is called usb powered hub i dont even need just to see it doesnt work. In the same respect im not giving much hope to NI support. What they gonna do after i tell them i dont want to hear: try using usb powered hub."

Try searching your local classifieds, a lot of people have them kicking around and to sell them for cheap. You could probably score one for five to ten bucks. Plus, if your looking to add on controllers to your set up later, its a good thing to own
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

The fact that a powered hub is almost essential on the airs.. It will work dude, in any case thats what receipts are for.. no?

i found this work around... its not a fix though. NI is working on driver update.

1) shut down, turn off MBA completely
    2) plug USB device
    3) turn MBA on
    4) accept krenel panic and wait for MBA to boot up
    5) congratulations.. it works now.. just dont unplug and plug it
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII