Podcasting 101: How to get into iTunes (the Q&A thread) - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

awesome!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    awesome!
    hey, well i gotta do right by my dj-tech-tooligans right?

besides, all they need is just storage. So i figured, why give them a server that has all the extra bells and whistles
    login stuff
    control panels
    bla bla blabliddy bla...... they dont need it

now yesterday, someone did ask me if they can just use their wordpress account instead of blogger account for this.
    My answer is basically, yes, yes you can but
    wordpress often gets upgrades
    and you need to install a plugin to make it work
    then the plugin needs an upgrade too at some point

at that point, what will you do if your had wp connected to your podcast for say a year, and you havea years worth of podcasts that no longer work?

Iif you use blogger and feedburner (both owned and managed by Google) just let them deal with the technical stuff.
    As long as they are doing that for you, the two accounts will ALWAYS work together needing no intervention from yourself.

All you need to do is....... post a new blog article .... and done.

Tech Mentor

Gentlemen,

any update on the Feedburner subtitle situation by any chance?
    Finest Electronic Dance Music

www.januaryone.dj

Sorry it took me so long to get the right answer for you Jan1
    Follow this please

1) click your feed title (i think you have only one in the list)
    2) click the OPTIMIZE tab
    3) in the left pane list - click "SMARTCAST" **Smartcast should be activated. If its NOT, then activate it now please**
    4) In the areas to fill out the information (in center list) youll see
    -Podcast Subtitle
    and
    -Podcast summary

5) Click Save

If i am correct, the part of your podcast you are trying to change, currently says this
    "The very best of JanuaryOne every month!"

If that is correct, then yes, that is being pulled from your Podcast Subtitle Area

Tech Wizard

Can you get this running on a 'normal' webpage instead of a blogger/wordpress site? How do I get the RSS feed to work etc?

Tech Mentor

nothing short of a genius man - thanks a mill, simply superb!!!!!!!
    Finest Electronic Dance Music

www.januaryone.dj

Tech Convert

Hi,

I already send a message to antifm, but maybe I get here some help too.

I followed every step and in the end I reached the feed burner link to iTunes and got an email that they are reviewing it.
    After 48 hours I got a second mail and they say it's not going to be added to iTunes.
    I double checked everything but I don't know what is wrong.

Here is my blogger link: http://kycomixado.blogspot.com/?m=1

I am very thankful for your help.

Default Itunes podcast picture error.

i posted the picture on my blog along with the mp3 link but there no picture on my podcast on itunes.. ---->
    http://therealdjremedy.blogspot.com/
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...168691749&mt=2

help!!

Default Itunes podcast image problems

I have no ideas what im doing wrong...I follow all the instruction but i cant get my podcast cover to show in itunes.. Help

http://therealdjremedy.blogspot.com/...dj-remedy.html
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...168691749&mt=2

Quote Originally Posted by antifmradio View Post
    So some time ago i wrote this article for DJTT
    Podcasting 101: Get Your DJ Podcast Onto iTunes

Follow the link to get all the info on how to make this happen.

Now the reason i started this thread is because, i am still getting quite a lot of emails on this article.
    Thank you DJTT for letting me send it over and thanks for publishing it!

However more than 70% of the questions or issues people have getting their podcast published, are all the same.
    So i thought it was time to start a thread, and as time goes on, everyone will be able to find the answer to their problem by looking through the replies. Not that i wont continue to help you guys out with it, i certainly will, but i do know that plenty of people, try the article on their own and before contacting me to help with an error or hiccup, they spend hours or days trying to solve it on their own.
    Hey thats all well and good but at least, this thread can serve as a bit of a FAQ or knowledge base for you guys.
    I really hope it helps.

So with that, if anyone has any questions on it, please hit the reply button and lets get this helpful tool started for you guys / gals / aliens / djtech-tool-igans!

Enjoy the day everyone. Talk soon

Liqid

Default Liqid is no joke.

Listen guys,
    In the past couple of weeks this man has help me set up my podcast and with out a doubt has been there nearly every step of the way. Hung over or not, even after an insane 10 hour broadcast of his own he was still willing to offer a hand when I ran into trouble. Now for those of us that lead the double life of normal citizen and aspiring D.J., we all know that it is tough to balance out our priorities and ask ourselves "which life is more important?" In Liqid's case, my hat is off to him. There have been a few times where a reply would start as "Hey mate, I'm still at work, but I'll get to it as soon as I get home." That's the kind of dedication you can expect from this guy.Like I said He's no joke.
    Now I've recently ran into some hiccups with my feed not updating to my I-Tunes and it caused me to fall behind in my weekly episode guarantee I've given to my audience. Which made me have to revert to other ways of giving them a download in the most "to be expected" way of doing so (soundcloud all kinds of crap), I mean let's face it, it sounds so much more legit telling someone "Oh yeah bro, just download my mix in i-Tunes. I'm on there." How cool does that sound Profesh RIGHT!? This guy made it happen, when I needed it the most. I was considering starting from scratch because I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on with my feed FOR 4 DAYS!! Long story short, I asked, he replied. He found my problem. Oh your feed was just blocked by such and such so I went in with such and such and undid the cosmic galactic time space code that feedburner worships and BAM! Back on track! So in conclusion, I'm very appreciative that I ran into this guy and I hope you take his advice. Liqid, if we ever run into each other out side of cyber space, I owe you a pint my friend. Real Talk.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast