Podcasting 101: How to get into iTunes (the Q&A thread)
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Podcasting 101: How to get into iTunes (the Q&A thread)

So some time ago i wrote this article for DJTT
    Podcasting 101: Get Your DJ Podcast Onto iTunes

Follow the link to get all the info on how to make this happen.

Now the reason i started this thread is because, i am still getting quite a lot of emails on this article.
    Thank you DJTT for letting me send it over and thanks for publishing it!

However more than 70% of the questions or issues people have getting their podcast published, are all the same.
    So i thought it was time to start a thread, and as time goes on, everyone will be able to find the answer to their problem by looking through the replies. Not that i wont continue to help you guys out with it, i certainly will, but i do know that plenty of people, try the article on their own and before contacting me to help with an error or hiccup, they spend hours or days trying to solve it on their own.
    Hey thats all well and good but at least, this thread can serve as a bit of a FAQ or knowledge base for you guys.
    I really hope it helps.

So with that, if anyone has any questions on it, please hit the reply button and lets get this helpful tool started for you guys / gals / aliens / djtech-tool-igans!

Enjoy the day everyone. Talk soon

Liqid

Tech Mentor

currently waiting on itunes to confirm podcast. thanks again for your help man. first set up i did was pretty messed up, glad you could help out, was definitely a huge help!!! let's hope things go the right way with itunes now and then straight into my own podcast, thanks again mate!
    Finest Electronic Dance Music

www.januaryone.dj

Quote Originally Posted by JanuaryOne View Post
    currently waiting on itunes to confirm podcast. thanks again for your help man. first set up i did was pretty messed up, glad you could help out, was definitely a huge help!!! let's hope things go the right way with itunes now and then straight into my own podcast, thanks again mate!
    youre welcome mate.
    Shouldnt be a problem. there was just a small correction with yours.

CORRECTION WAS:
    iTunes wants to look at your blog post and notice the mp3 as the first thing in the code
    You however had all your trackslist and mix info first, then the link to the mp3 all the way at the bottom.

i think i did the same thing when i started mine.
    I had a few the correct way (mp3 near the top)
    and i started posting some with the mp3 at the bottom, and even though i was already listed in iTunes podcast,
    each time my podcast was UPDATED in the itunes listing, it just wouldnt show the posts with the mp3s at the bottom of the text.

When i corrected them, and moved the link to the top, it was all gravy

Tech Mentor

APPROVED!!!! You are such a star, now the tweaking begins, genius!!!

www.januaryone.dj

Ya, iTunes are pretty anal with the image sizes now. Keep them at 1400x1400 and you wont go wrong guys
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

APPROVED!!!! You are such a star, now the tweaking begins, genius!!!
    did he say twerking?
    ok then, let the twerking begin! HAHAHHA

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Ya, iTunes are pretty anal with the image sizes now. Keep them at 1400x1400 and you wont go wrong guys
    yea they are hard about that now
    they even sent message to all radio station owners who have their stations listed in the iTunes RADIO listing that they should also update their images to the same
    so
    its not just about podcasts anymore
    However, Jan-one didnt have any problems with his images. his was "Where he placed the mp3 link in his blog post"

Tech Mentor

Gents, is it possible to amend the Feed in Feedburner? I dont see the option where I can change e.g. the cover image. Coz I would like to put in a new cover. The cover in iTunes Podcast listing is always the embedded image of the file you are uploading, but the cover in iTunes store is the one you are setting in Feedburner right? How can I change that?

www.januaryone.dj

G but the cover in iTunes store is the one you are setting in Feedburner right? How can I change that?
    no that image is not the one in feedburner
    When you submitted your podcast to iTunes originally, you had to give them a link for your PODCAST image
    Now keep in mind the podcast is the ENTIRE string of episodes
    inside of a podcast you have EPISODES. An episode is basically each mix you upload.

So an EPISODE is inside of a PODCAST... got it.. ok lets move on

now. When you submitted your PODCAST image to itunes, you gave them a link
    www.JanuaryOne/im-a-dj-/podcast-image.jpg
    for example
    All you need to do is create a new image to use as your podcast image (offline)
    then save it as "podcast-image.jpg"
    just like the original one you submitted

now once you got the new image (offline) and its the correct size
    upload it exactly to the same location as the old one. It should write over the old file with the new file.
    Then youll need to give itunes 24 hours to update their copy of your itunes podcast listing

Always remember that!
    inside the iTunes store, no updates appear for about 24 hours

Tech Mentor

youre a star mate, thanks understood and done it. now just waiting for itunes to make the change within the next 24 hours.

another question though: how do i delete an episode?
    i thought it would be as simple as deleting the blogger post you want deleted, but that does not seem to work, unless itunes take another 24 hours for that too, do they?

www.januaryone.dj

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast