Recording the video footage of your live sets - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruel View Post
    That's not quite right... you are confusing shutter speed with frame rate.

You can shoot 24 fps with 1/2000 frame rate if you really wanted to (I can do this with my DSLR). If you were to shoot a moving object, it would look very jerky and odd, because you are "freezing" the motion with each frame, there's no "motion blur".

The typical rule for natural looking video is that you want to use twice the frame rate for your shutter speed. So for 30 fps, you use 1/60th of a second for the shutter speed.

I'm not sure how GoPro handles shutter speed, it may lower the shutter speed. In which case, yes you are right, it is a lower shutter speed, hence more light, but you had the details a bit off.
    ^^THAT.

I totally fucked the wording of that. Point is with GoPro's: Lower frame rate. Brighter video.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Tech Mentor

More GoPro madness... Love it.

Another GoPro POV. One of my faves.

Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

shame the music was shit

Try ARRI Alexa Mini , it's resolution is up to mark and I personally refer it because of it's high quality and lens resolution. It's light weighted too so it's easy to carry anywhere and anytime.

You can't buy this camera but you can opt ARRI Alexa Mini hire and wrap up your work easily and efficiently. I hired it from Panny Hire on a day basis, you can rent it as per your requirement.

The battery is also good so shoot long without much worries!

gopro is the way to go especially if you can make your own 3.5mm/power cable like i did. if you dont, im selling some i did make

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234