Anjunadeep Style Music
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Anjunadeep Style Music

So i guess this kind of music is a cross between deep house and maybe some slowed town trance.

It had a very "Eric Prydz" style and sounds VERY polished.

But I never considered it deep house, it just has something more to it. What would you call it?

BTW the bass in this track is FAT!

Tech Guru

Somewhere between (real) prog and deep house.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

it seems that the artists are really creating something awesome. And i'm glad to see that Jody Wisternoff is spearheading the new album.

Tech Guru

It does sound more interesting than most Anuja tracks I've heard before. Might have a listen to the rest of the album later.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I wouldn't say that is anything like Eric Prydz really. That's probably more similar to what used be called Deep House than the so-called Deep House of today.
    Pretty 'Balearic' as well.
    I actually quite liked it. Reminded me of the stuff that used come out on Guidance Records, Naked Music etc

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Somewhere between (real) prog and deep house.
    if the year was 2000 this would be in the progressive house genre.
    I assume that beatport puts this in deep house now though.

Man I so miss real progressive house. It was the first real sound that I got addicted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I wouldn't say that is anything like Eric Prydz really. That's probably more similar to what used be called Deep House than the so-called Deep House of today.
    Pretty 'Balearic' as well.
    I actually quite liked it. Reminded me of the stuff that used come out on Guidance Records, Naked Music etc
    Yeah you might be right about Prydz, What I meant was Pryda since that is his Prog. House alter ego.

And I like this kinda music a little better than modern deep house, because the modern stuff, is a little light on good synths and too heavy on vocals for my taste.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

With ya now.

Tech Guru

Anjunadeep, IMHO, as said earlier tend to straddle that line between what I would call Progressive House and Deep House. I really like the new Jody Wisternoff mix he's done for them, particularly his remake of Skanna's classic 'This Way'.

The current trend, and rising in popularity, over the last couple of years has been the widening scope of the use of the Deep House term, specifically with fat basslines, early/mid 90's House synths and nods to early UK Garage ala Eats Everything, Huxley, Bicep, NuPanda Recs, Simma Black etc etc etc. Personally as a House head, I'm really in to it and sits alongside the more traditional Deep House sounds such as Large Music, Freerange, Adaptation Music, Peng, Nightgrooves as well as Soulful House.

I'm just pleased to see House Music getting another good airing to the more mainstream listener, and the quality has been pretty good too. Has always been bubbling away in the Underground
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Tech Guru

That song sounds like Kavinsky's stuff.

Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast